Raw dogging

Last time I flew in an airliner was the mid-80's.  Mostly longish flights to Singapore, Hong Kong, then ownwards to Brunei.

There was no inflght entertainment. I sat, dozed, looked out the window, ate, slept, looked out the window, sat, dozed, ate,

slept, sat........ 

Not exactly a big deal.

I've seen a couple of these posts and they are all the same.  Some c**t sitting looking at the back of the seat in front with some message along the lines of "raw dogging an 18 hour flight", but they are always, always, sitting on a Ryanair or Easyjet plane.

It is just another of the long list of things that makes me more convinced that we need an extinction level event soon.

18 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Flights are one of those things that have gradually got better over time, unless you're a smoker I suppose. 

Even on shortish flights you've gone from no entertainment to WiFi less entertainment to WiFi enabled entertainment plus whatever you download in advance, and being able to use devices for the entire flight rather than just the cruise. 

People who are doing this raw dog flight stuff are idiots, lying, or both. 

That noise you hear is several thousand years' worth of literature quietly sobbing in the corner. 

Spare a thought for the ones who went to the moon.  Twenty times as far as going to New Zealand.  No stewardesses serving drinks or food.  No in flight movies.  If the guy next to you wants to take a crap, he will do it there and then.

Finally when you get there not much to do, just stroll around a bit, collect some rocks and then head home.

Compared to that, your long haul flights are nothing.

12 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Spare a thought for the ones who went to the moon.  Twenty times as far as going to New Zealand.  No stewardesses serving drinks or food.  No in flight movies.  If the guy next to you wants to take a crap, he will do it there and then.

Finally when you get there not much to do, just stroll around a bit, collect some rocks and then head home.

Compared to that, your long haul flights are nothing.

They played golf as well. 

Not that that livened things up but still.