Star Wars Outlaws

Picked up a Series X xbox a couple of weeks ago to play Dragon Age Veilguard when it comes out, so this might be a decent filler to try until then.

2 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Any good? 

Il be 100% honest, I'm not too far in yet so I can't give a full and thorough assessment but right now I'd pretty firmly say keep your money. Certainly as a single player game. If RDR2 is the Champions League of this type of game, Outlaws is Scottish Championship. 

51 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Il be 100% honest, I'm not too far in yet so I can't give a full and thorough assessment but right now I'd pretty firmly say keep your money. Certainly as a single player game. If RDR2 is the Champions League of this type of game, Outlaws is Scottish Championship. 

...so...much, much better?

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Never actually played RDR2 but funnily enough someone in my work said it looked like GTA star wars, and i kinda fell out of the GTA games after GTA:SA lol

2 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Never actually played RDR2 but funnily enough someone in my work said it looked like GTA star wars, and i kinda fell out of the GTA games after GTA:SA lol

It's like old school open world games where the there's loads of stuff and people who are just there and can't be interacted with at all. 

Watching a play through just now on youtube a couple of hours in- MKiceandfire. It appears a lot similarities in background between Kay the main character and Han Solo both originally unwilling participants pulled into the war against the Empire both thieves and smugglers.

There is a lot in it to really judge this soon, but the storyline is decent.

Its not my taste in game to buy even if it could be losely described as open world, which its not quite, not bad though so far.

I don't see it out on Steam yet.

Edited by CityDave94

I've watched about 7 hours of this and its now repetitive, its almost all a stealth game and the missions are all too similar. The story isn't that great now after this time watching it, it's nothing special, nothing original.

This is Ubisoft isn't it? its ok to watch once, but just so mediocre.

Nah wouldn't buy it.

On 04/09/2024 at 19:18, CityDave94 said:

I've watched about 7 hours of this and its now repetitive, its almost all a stealth game and the missions are all too similar. The story isn't that great now after this time watching it, it's nothing special, nothing original.

This is Ubisoft isn't it? its ok to watch once, but just so mediocre.

Nah wouldn't buy it.

I thought after I got off the first planet it would open up into a proper open world game, a bit like RDR2 does.

I then went into the city and started the next mission, which is breaking in somewhere again.

Are you saying, if I keep playing Im basically repeating this for ever? I dont mind the odd stealth mission if I can also get to go off and explore

3 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Get playing KOTOR and KOTOR 2 if you want a Star Wars fix. Still the GOATs of the franchise, always will be

Guessing you haven't played Hunters?