Junior football - What is the future?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. The answer to the question is neither betmax or vhs.  The world has moved on to iPhone 16, Netflix etc. The rather sad attempts to denigrate the Pyramid,  with all it's failings is not helping what I suggest we all want.

The WOSFL is a superb set up, as a stand alone league,  so many positives. There is a completely open door into Lowland League,  just ask the EOSFL. Stop blaming everyone for the failure of West teams to take advantage.  Absolute own goal.

I suggest the reluctance  to move on of  some  West teams with the yearning for the " old times" including the Junior Cup is not helpful. Embrace the new world,  as the East has.

Edinburgh City, Kelty, Bonnyrigg, Spartans,  Tranent,  Bo'ness, Tranent, Linthithgow , Broxburn.  

Give me one West team .

7 hours ago, ekok said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. The answer to the question is neither betmax or vhs.  The world has moved on to iPhone 16, Netflix etc. The rather sad attempts to denigrate the Pyramid,  with all it's failings is not helping what I suggest we all want.

The WOSFL is a superb set up, as a stand alone league,  so many positives. There is a completely open door into Lowland League,  just ask the EOSFL. Stop blaming everyone for the failure of West teams to take advantage.  Absolute own goal.

I suggest the reluctance  to move on of  some  West teams with the yearning for the " old times" including the Junior Cup is not helpful. Embrace the new world,  as the East has.

Edinburgh City, Kelty, Bonnyrigg, Spartans,  Tranent,  Bo'ness, Tranent, Linthithgow , Broxburn.  

Give me one West team .

It wouldn't be fair though if the one west team had to beat two tranents .

7 hours ago, ekok said:

Give me one West team .

Not one to normally stick up for any west clubs; but a large number of clubs have embraced this Brave New World of senior football.

Dev teams, women's teams and the ongoing process of ground improvements at a lot of clubs through the divisions. It has to be said that a lot of grounds were in a poor state of infrastructure through a lack of any investment. This is now changing quietly all over the west. But takes time and monies.

A number of clubs are working towards a licence, just because they have not put it out in the public domain does not mean its not happening. 

Most of the grumblings come from supporters, who recall the good old days of the juniors and could  not see some clubs were slowly dying around them. There are still a few club officials, but even some of them are being turned or are crossing over the rainbow to a better world.

The 3 completed seasons of the west would most likely have put forward a champion to the play offs but for an excellent Beith side at their peak. And believe me Beith were working tirelessly toward licensing, but came across some issues with regards to the ownership of Bellsdale.

There are some very loud voices shouting about the good old juniors for the most part they can be ignored. There are plenty of critics of the pyramid, but when asked they are invested in their club and their place in it.

p.s. Be very thankful Darvel flunked their entrance exam, that's a shit show the LL didn't need or want.

11 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

In the EOSFL they are 6th in Prem, have a Scottish Cup game tomorrow. The part of the post that grabbed my attention was a comparison from when a Junior club they had 1 team. Now, in addition there is an excellent u20 setup, a woman's team and a fully functioning youth setup; hopefully incorporating both boys and girls.

Aye, but apart from that...