East of Fife vs. Atletico Dunfermline

No love for this Fife Derby after a fashion? 

We've played each other in a friendly pre-season which ended up in a win for the Methil men, and that has been indicative of the two teams progress since then - East Fife making a solid start in League Two under Dick Campbell and the Pars struggling at the foot of the Championship under James McPake. 

Dunfermline have made a few signings since then - Tobi Oluwayemi looked assured in goals last week, Josh Cooper has added some energy to the midfield and Tommy Fogarty did well in his debut although the Ulsterman will be missing having played in Northern Ireland under 21s 0-0 draw with a strong England side. Sam Young will likely start with either Sam Fisher or Rhys Breen with Kyle Benedictus injured. 

Looking at the East Fife site for ticketing information this morning it looks as though there will be a reasonable enough crowd at the game and I might decide to wander along if the weather stays fair. A loss for the Athletic here would add more pressure to James McPake with a derby match on TV v Raith Rovers coming next Friday. For that reason, I'll predict a narrow 2-1 win for the away side; Sutherland and Ritchie-Hosler to score. 

Will be interesting  to see if  Dick gives some of the bench players a start. I suspect  we will start along usual lines and introduce the fresh legs in the 2nd half.

Will Murdoch start before Walker ?   As i mentioned in the EF thread, does this spell the end of Docherty's East Fife career.

Edited by Beachcomber

5 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

Refs never given us a thing this half.

Maybe trying to even out the linesman on the far side who thinks that being 5 yards onside when the ball is played doesn't matter as long as you're ahead of the back four by the time the ball gets to you. To be honest, I don't think the referee has been particularly biased either way, he's just terrible. Really picky about some minor contacts but then the next minute letting really quite physical play go.