Ayr United ⚪️⚫️ vs Partick Thistle 🔴🟡

Doolan Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Ayr stadium improvements look great

Thanks. We think so too.

7 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

the away end is still an utter turd.

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

Wee clubs with only 3 sides don’t get to comment on the state of big teams stadiums. By all means, have a chat with Falkirk.

7 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Thanks. We think so too.

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

Wee clubs with only 3 sides don’t get to comment on the state of big teams stadiums. By all means, have a chat with Falkirk.

I think every single team in the league needs to improve away facilities 

everything goes tits up from ticket issues to turnstile issues, rude staff, shite food, stinking toilets. 

for what people are paying it’s not a good experience. I’d include thistle in that too. Christ sometimes their home end is bad never mind away. 

30 minutes ago, BigMadMental said:

everything goes tits up from ticket issues to turnstile issues, rude staff, shite food, stinking toilets. 

for what people are paying it’s not a good experience. I’d include thistle in that too. Christ sometimes their home end is bad never mind away. 

Facilities throughout all the grounds, regardless of which league the club is in should be equal for both sets of fans. It’s just another indication of lack of investment but more worryingly, a couldn’t care less attitude.

29 minutes ago, BigMadMental said:

I jested but 100% agree. For what fans pay to get in, home and away, the general facilities and experience is rotten. For too long clubs have banked on loyalty to get away with it. That said, 4 sides has to be the minimum….

4 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I jested but 100% agree. For what fans pay to get in, home and away, the general facilities and experience is rotten. For too long clubs have banked on loyalty to get away with it. That said, 4 sides has to be the minimum….

To be fair to Thistle, the council aren’t letting them build on it. It could be better maintained but not much they can do as planning permission has been rejected a few times for stuff to be built there.

55 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Ha ha - the sides of the stadium measurement of club status, good one. (Just don’t mention capacity of the sides and you’ll be fine)
genuine question - how do you tell how big a club is?

Is it fan numbers? it’s Falkirk fans that get off on that.

I prefer the league position - in the nearly 50 seasons since the old 2 division set up ended Ayr have only finished above the Jags 10 times. Admittedly 4 of those have been in the last 6 seasons, but in one of those Thistle put 8 goals past your wee club in the playoffs.

Edited by Malcolm Tent

10 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

How many sides have to be the maximum? 7? 11?

Are you planning on having a dodecahedron stadium at the end of the building process?

5 minutes ago, BigMadMental said:

To be fair to Thistle, the council aren’t letting them build on it. It could be better maintained but not much they can do as planning permission has been rejected a few times for stuff to be built there.

I’m just sad the old firhill is mostly gone. Superb stadium previous to redevelopment. The terracing and the segregation fence was one of my first experiences of an away day and I miss those days. Firhill is still a cracking stadium retaining some character and far better than the out of town Lego shit offered by many. Didn’t know about the planning permission issues and Ayr know a fair bit about denied planning permissions. Still retains a ‘bowl’ feel even without anything there but, now that the stadium requirements have been relaxed, that end would make an amazing terracing. You guys would have that end bouncing if it was terraced.

Just now, shizzlemanizzle said:

I’m just sad the old firhill is mostly gone. Superb stadium previous to redevelopment. The terracing and the segregation fence was one of my first experiences of an away day and I miss those days. Firhill is still a cracking stadium retaining some character and far better than the out of town Lego shit offered by many. Didn’t know about the planning permission issues and Ayr know a fair bit about denied planning permissions. Still retains a ‘bowl’ feel even without anything there but, now that the stadium requirements have been relaxed, that end would make an amazing terracing. You guys would have that end bouncing if it was terraced.

Think the main bounce back is noise complaints from the people who live behind it 

2 minutes ago, BigMadMental said:

Think the main bounce back is noise complaints from the people who live behind it 

Always amazes me that people who buy or rent property near a stadium feel they have any say on what happens there. Surely they weighed that up in the buying process?

8 minutes ago, yorkshirepud said:

For clarity. Good call from standside assistant. 

Screenshot_20240914_203724_Gallery.jpg

I thought it was re-taken for him rattling the bar. he did it once, the ref stopped Dowds from taking the penalty, went and told the keeper not to do it, he nodded, stepped back and did it three times in a row. 

Also, the f**k is your camera roll all about?

25 minutes ago, Malcolm Tent said:

Ha ha - the sides of the stadium measurement of club status, good one. (Just don’t mention capacity of the sides and you’ll be fine)
genuine question - how do you tell how big a club is?

Is it fan numbers? it’s Falkirk fans that get off on that.

I prefer the league position - in the nearly 50 seasons since the old 2 division set up ended Ayr have only finished above the Jags 10 times. Admittedly 4 of those have been in the last 6 seasons, but in one of those Thistle put 8 goals past your wee club in the playoffs.

Aye but our nickname was penned by the guy who’s song the entire world sings at new year whilst yours is named after the solution to a pandemic. Boom! Drop Mike! Rabbie knew who the big club was even before we were formed.

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I thought it was re-taken for him rattling the bar. he did it once, the ref stopped Dowds from taking the penalty, went and told the keeper not to do it, he nodded, stepped back and did it three times in a row. 

Also, the f**k is your camera roll all about?

Weird shit, same as everyone else's.