⚫⚪ Queen's Park vs Greenock Morton 🔵⚪

8 minutes ago, starshot131 said:

I've not seen any qp fans outside of a select few oldyins at games defend the lesser situation... Hurts us as much as it hurts away fans

Check the forecast if you can bring your picnic blanket with you!

A few on here have got very touchy about criticism of the Lesser shambles… whoever it hurts, it’s really, really hard to see how anybody could ‘accidentally’ design and begin building a totally inadequate ground.

14 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

A few on here have got very touchy about criticism of the Lesser shambles… whoever it hurts, it’s really, really hard to see how anybody could ‘accidentally’ design and begin building a totally inadequate ground.

You might be mistaking those of us don't mind the club playing at Hampden as being ok with or actively defending the Lesser redevelopment; I haven't met a single person who doesn't think that what they've built there is, at best, a complete joke, on here or in real life.

Edited by Zanetti

13 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

I do not believe it was accidental for a minute. The result is down to total incompetence of Leeann Dempster directed by a scheming Haughey ably abetted by a bunch of numbskulls on our committee who are experienced in absolutely nothing apart from promoting their own importance. Despite those offering, in good faith, their ideas for developing a mini stadium eventually the reality is that Lesser is never going to happen. I fear for the future of our club.

23 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Loving your work here: airily dismiss what @Toby suggests as ‘conspiracy theory’… while just as airily ‘explaining’ what happened with the even more bizarre suggestion (or conspiracy theory, if you like) that QP somehow deliberately threw promotion. If you believe that, you really will believe anything.

Good to see you made the most of your considerable education.  Suffice to say I can explain it to you but alas, I cannot understand it for you.  Your friends and relatives have my greatest sympathy.

12 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

You might be mistaking those of us don't mind the club playing at Hampden as being ok with or actively defending the Lesser redevelopment; I haven't met a single person who doesn't think that what they've built there is, at best, a complete joke, on here or in real life.

Sure, but the two things are directly related: that is, the argument for the need to play at Hampden depends on the inadequacy of Lesser.

2 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

I do not believe it was accidental for a minute. The result is down to total incompetence of Leeann Dempster directed by a scheming Haughey ably abetted by a bunch of numbskulls on our committee who are experienced in absolutely nothing apart from promoting their own importance. Despite those offering, in good faith, their ideas for developing a mini stadium eventually the reality is that Lesser is never going to happen. I fear for the future of our club.

As has been said above, we're in broad agreement that Dempster and Haughey were/are at it... but there's a tension between the incompetence argument and the idea that there was intent all the way along (see above). It is possible that your committee are totally out of their depth and that Lesser was never Haughey's favoured option. 

Just now, Spider1975 said:

Good to see you made the most of your considerable education.  Suffice to say I can explain it to you but alas, I cannot understand it for you.  Your friends and relatives have my greatest sympathy.

I understand it very well, dickhead... no 'explanation' required from someone who can't see the contradiction in their own argument.

My friends and relatives pass on their regards, as do my universities.

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Sure, but the two things are directly related: that is, the argument for the need to play at Hampden depends on the inadequacy of Lesser.

Maybe; I think most of us would prefer a more intimate home ground that's actually fit for purpose, but at the same time if that's not an option then Hampden is fine. Those two opinions aren't mutually exclusive.

For what it's worth I don't think the club ever had any intention of doing anything decent with Lesser, and were always banking on us getting back in next door. Dempster said herself that us playing there again was always part of her plan.

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

It is possible that your committee are totally out of their depth and that Lesser was never Haughey's favoured option. 

I think you are getting close. The incompetence of Dempster was compounded by the totally wrong and uninformed decision of the committee appointing the wrong contractor initially. I do not believe Haughey ever intended that this would be our stadium of the future. Whatever I think of him he is not stupid and is perfectly able to see that it could not be.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

I understand it very well, dickhead... no 'explanation' required from someone who can't see the contradiction in their own argument.

My friends and relatives pass on their regards, as do my universities.

Wow, great banter and evidently anything can be called a University these days.  

If you'd bother to read the post and internally digest, rather than letting your amygdala have a free shot to beat your eight fingers on the keyboard, (assuming thumbs haven't made it that far down the food chain yet) you'd understand that both concepts (cocking up a stadium in order to get higher revenue from a far from guaranteed promotion/getting deliberately relegated to ensure a cock up a stadium became relevant) were dismissed equally as moronic.  The argument (and one that has been made by various people, over various platforms, over various months) was contained in the last two paragraphs.

Enjoy standing on the hill, make sure your carer dresses you adequately for the weather through eh?

1 hour ago, starshot131 said:

I've not seen any qp fans outside of a select few oldyins at games defend the lesser situation...

Although he has not attended a game for many years, my dad probably falls into your "oldyins" age category. He regularly says Queens have always played better at Lesser. Not sure whether he's historically correct but find your statement (in bold) interesting. Don't understand why anyone would defend the Lesser situation but wondered if they do because they share my dad's view of how the team plays there.

24 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Although he has not attended a game for many years, my dad probably falls into your "oldyins" age category. He regularly says Queens have always played better at Lesser. Not sure whether he's historically correct but find your statement (in bold) interesting. Don't understand why anyone would defend the Lesser situation but wondered if they do because they share my dad's view of how the team plays there.

Interesting. I certainly fall into the category of "oldyins" having supported Queen's for over 70 years. My views on the Lesser situation are quite clear. That said, over the years I have enjoyed watching various Queen's teams at Lesser and can understand where your Dad is coming from. Much more intimate, always a good pitch, and generally from memory, (rose coloured), mostly a winning Queen's team which helps.

3 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

Wow, great banter and evidently anything can be called a University these days.  

If you'd bother to read the post and internally digest, rather than letting your amygdala have a free shot to beat your eight fingers on the keyboard, (assuming thumbs haven't made it that far down the food chain yet) you'd understand that both concepts (cocking up a stadium in order to get higher revenue from a far from guaranteed promotion/getting deliberately relegated to ensure a cock up a stadium became relevant) were dismissed equally as moronic.  The argument (and one that has been made by various people, over various platforms, over various months) was contained in the last two paragraphs.

Enjoy standing on the hill, make sure your carer dresses you adequately for the weather through eh?

Take a lead from some of your fellow supporters and try not to be a monumental arsehole, eh?

4 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Maybe; I think most of us would prefer a more intimate home ground that's actually fit for purpose, but at the same time if that's not an option then Hampden is fine. Those two opinions aren't mutually exclusive.

For what it's worth I don't think the club ever had any intention of doing anything decent with Lesser, and were always banking on us getting back in next door. Dempster said herself that us playing there again was always part of her plan.

That’s where we part company: it really isn’t ‘fine’ to sell Hampden and then scurry back in there. Farcical in this league; and would be outright cheating if you ever do go up.

4 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Less than 1000, and no.

In all seriousness, how has it got to this stage?

A Scottish Championship team undergoing a stadium redevelopment backed by a wealthy benefactor ends up with a capacity of less than 1000.

Was this always the development plans and if not why has it gone so badly wrong exactly, genuinely interested.

6 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

That’s where we part company: it really isn’t ‘fine’ to sell Hampden and then scurry back in there. Farcical in this league; and would be outright cheating if you ever do go up.

If cheating is involved then the outright version is definitely the way to go.

Just to widen the scope of stadia bletherings (it’s only Wednesday) I learned this week that QP and Morton have a Scottish Football history connection. It’s well known that the first official men’s international was held in Glasgow with Scotland playing England on St Andrews Day 1872. Almost exactly 100 years later the first women’s international held in the UK was also Scotland v England. The venue was Ravenscraig Stadium in Greenock. 

Match programme trivia with 3 days to go!

2 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

It's not against any rules and is therefore by definition not cheating, even if I understand why you might not like it.

8 minutes ago, tytusgroan said:

Why cant the game be played at Hampden on Sat when there isn't another game there.

There is no reason except money inmo. The last time that Morton played us at Hampden they brought 800 fans. I think the committee have decided that opening up Hampden and all the added expense for the same amount of fans is not worthwhile, but because Ayr will bring about 1500 fans we are going back to Hampden. Just my thoughts on the matter.

On 10/09/2024 at 09:34, madton said:

Aye the ticket situation was a bit of a farce from our end. Aye we only got a few hundred, but those should have been made available to season ticket holders first, plain and simple. Fact you had to pick them up from Cappielow in person was a joke too. I'm a MCT and season ticket holder and been to every league game this season but didn't even apply as I'm an out of towner. It's not like the club only had a few days notice, they've known for a couple of weeks.

Missed that also as a ST and MCT member, didn't get that email.  There would have been no issue, for me, picking up tickets as in Greenock twice a week. I blame the web site which has been dung all season. Not sure whats happened to our new all singing show. Also this is the nearest Championship game I can attend all season.

So Saturday is unsorted!