Squad face October game

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Tried to buy my tickets. Not letting me buy them for my son. Says he's ineligible despite the fact he's not. I've entered his passport number and he's on the right points (13). Phoned them up, they can't see why it's not letting me buy for him and think it will sort itself out if I "leave it half an hour". So that's encouraging then! 🙄

EDIT - To be fair to them, that did actually work. Tickets bought.

You must've got a right lazy b*****d on the phone, the twice I've phoned because of issues they've just let me buy over the phone. I'm guessing they were confident it wasn't selling out anytime soon to just let it sort itself out.

2 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

You must've got a right lazy b*****d on the phone, the twice I've phoned because of issues they've just let me buy over the phone. I'm guessing they were confident it wasn't selling out anytime soon to just let it sort itself out.

Yeah, I did ask that. "I take it you're comfortable it's not selling out before I can actually buy?" "Yeah, you'll be fine." 😂

I think they may have pressed some sort of reset on my son's account. He'd obviously spoken to someone in IT when he came back to me. I was on hold for a while. Told me to clear my own cache and wait 20 mins to half an hour and then try again.

18 minutes ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Liam " Henderson to deliver " should be in the squad

Has established himself in the Empoli first team in Seria A

( better than the premiership or championship or MSL )

Where does he play though,  another hard working midfielder with no pace, we have those coming out of our ears

Though i do remember him having a cultured right peg

What's his set piece taking like,  our lack of choices in that area is alarming 

Edited by Binos

35 minutes ago, Binos said:

What's his set piece taking like,  our lack of choices in that area is alarming 

Prett good at corners if I remember correctly... 

On 25/09/2024 at 22:46, git-intae-thum said:

Henderson seems to be playing a no.6 role for Empoli. Might provide a better option at pivot alongside Gilmour than McLean who played that position in the last two games. Definitely worth a look.

If you start a campaign now he might get included 2 weeks before the next World Cup IF we’re in it and IF there’s an injury crisis 

I expect the squad to be announced next week meaning this weekend is the last chance to impress. Toughest double header on paper, but we have a clear week to prepare for Croatia.

Clarke said he wants to increase the depth of talent, but I'm not expecting much change from last time after adjustment for injuries.

The players who played last month performed well all things considered. If he's wanting to have a look at one or two alternative players with a view to World Cup qualifying then fair enough, but what would really help us is getting our best players back from injury.

Edited by 2426255

On 25/09/2024 at 22:46, git-intae-thum said:

Henderson seems to be playing a no.6 role for Empoli. Might provide a better option at pivot alongside Gilmour than McLean who played that position in the last two games. Definitely worth a look.

Playing in Italy for so many years should hopefully have developed him into a better all round footballer so definitely worth having a look now.

Squad apparently announced tomorrow. Reports seem to think that Liam Lindsey will be in, which would lead you to believe we do indeed have some fitness issues defensively. Can’t say I’ve seen Liam play in the last few years but he has at least been getting good reports at Championship level. 

I have seen Lindsay play a few times, he might plug a gap in squad but no better than a Liam Cooper, Dominic Hyam type player. Lower end Championship fodder, unlikely to improve much but probably on a par with other backup squad options.

Personally, would rather look at a younger more promising player,  although I'm not sure entirely who that would be for this current squad.

43 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Squad apparently announced tomorrow. Reports seem to think that Liam Lindsey will be in, which would lead you to believe we do indeed have some fitness issues defensively.

It could be to cover fitness concerns. Alternatively it could be because Steve Clarke wants to look at more options in terms of the depth of talent.

We selected 4 centre-backs in September. Even if you included all of those in October (McKenna, Hanley, Porteous, Souttar) it still might be wise to bring cover given the October camp will be our toughest camp of the Nations League on paper. It could be for a variety of reasons that he is being considered and not necessarily just injury.

15 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

I have seen Lindsay play a few times, he might plug a gap in squad but no better than a Liam Cooper, Dominic Hyam type player. Lower end Championship fodder, unlikely to improve much but probably on a par with other backup squad options.

Personally, would rather look at a younger more promising player,  although I'm not sure entirely who that would be for this current squad.

Sadly Ibane Bowat is out for around 6 months otherwise I would have liked to have seen him in there. 

2 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

It could be to cover fitness concerns. Alternatively it could be because Steve Clarke wants to look at more options in terms of the depth of talent.

We selected 4 centre-backs in September. Even if you included all of those in October (McKenna, Hanley, Porteous, Souttar) it still might be wise to bring cover given the October camp will be our toughest camp of the Nations League on paper. It could be for a variety of reasons that he is being considered and not necessarily just injury.

As above if it’s a case of widening the playing pool as opposed to just an injury stop gap then it would be better to have a younger player in with a higher potential ceiling than Lindsay. The issues with that though is that 1. The U21s have two important games coming up and 2. We don’t actually seem to have many defenders with decent potential to call upon.

Bowat might have been the obvious one but the injury obviously puts paid to that. The rest of the U21 defenders are nowhere near it yet, so it makes sense to bring in a guy for the here and now just in case we need to pick him. Not every decision has to be about the future, we still need to try to win games.