Ross County vs St. Johnstone - Sat 21/9/2024

Apart from 1 freak result where Saints beat Killie 0-3 away, perhaps due to a tired Kilmarnock team playing in Europe? Saints have lost every other Premiership match. Still early in the season, but not been a good start for them.

Have St. Johnstone improved at all since last season? Any signings that have improved the team? I felt last season St. Johnstone really should have been in the play off last season instead of us, however all is forgiven Raith were super easy!

This is one match where County will be favourites to win. Also a match that if County want to stay well away from the play offs, they really should be winning.

If the team can continue, build more consistency and play like they did yesterday against Dundee, then I see a comfortable County win. 

Zero chance I'm going to this, but I'll try to watch.

Can already tell it'll be one where Jordan White dominates us simply by being tall though.

Think Sanders, Sidibeh, and Kimpioka, are all definitely suspended. Likely Ikpeazu isn't fit to play yet either.

Horrible feeling we'll just capitulate in the first half after another weak goal gets conceded and get trounced tbh.

4 minutes ago, Widge said:

Why would Sanders be suspended for getting 2 yellow cards as his sending off? That not just a 1 match ban?

I forgot it was 2 yellows tbh.

County deservedly finished in the playoff place last season so let's just put that behind us.

As for this season we'll we're pretty hot and cold to say the least. 

Personally, I'm hoping that the squad with the usual hefty addition of new players, is starting to settle in a bit now. After yesterday, there's possibly a little room for optimism but we all know how dangerous that can be.

0-0 shitfest, everyone disappointed.

Was planning on going to this, live in Inverness so usually a fixture I look forward to.

But Levein has finally drained all the last drops of passion I have for my team to the point where £28 just feels better spent on a nice takeaway instead.

Kudos to those that travel from Perth, not for me this time.

7 hours ago, shibbydoo said:

Was planning on going to this, live in Inverness so usually a fixture I look forward to.

But Levein has finally drained all the last drops of passion I have for my team to the point where £28 just feels better spent on a nice takeaway instead.

Kudos to those that travel from Perth, not for me this time.

What you gonna get?

It intrigues me why so many Saints fans on social media talk about not going back under Levein etc when it wasn’t really mentioned in the 2 years prior to him taking over; when the football was arguably worse, or at the very least on a par.

Any coach with a brain will get his team playing against us lobbing high balls from corners and throw ins to the area just in front of the near post to a big target man.

Get one Saints player in front and one behind their target man to hinder his jump, defenders on the line at both posts and make the goalkeeper stay in an area between the posts and not get caught beyond the front one. There you are Craig and Andrew, it’s not that f**king complicated.

58 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Get one Saints player in front and one behind their target man to hinder his jump, defenders on the line at both posts and make the goalkeeper stay in an area between the posts and not get caught beyond the front one. There you are Craig and Andrew, it’s not that f**king complicated.

Solid plan until Cameron feels a wee nudge on his back and drops looking for a free kick, allowing White a free header from 6 yards.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Solid plan until Cameron feels a wee nudge on his back and drops looking for a free kick, allowing White a free header from 6 yards.

In fairness, the ref will probably buy it. Poor Jordan gets punished for his size week in, week out. 

1 minute ago, Weird Fishes said:

In fairness, the ref will probably buy it. Poor Jordan gets punished for his size week in, week out. 

He'll buy it once, but when it's the 3rd time they'll probably let it go.