22 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Thought Tizz handled Oakley well and kept him pretty quiet aside from his glaring miss before half time (tbf the ball was a wee bit behind him).

Yes I thought Tizz did well. Cammy Kerr is class, but did get caught in possession a few times.

Watching it back, Dane Murray perfectly plays Oakley offside. Murray is the one that I hope is fit for every single game while we have him.

43 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Have said it before and I will say it again, Macgregor's a clever player but a wee bit light weight, too easily brushed off the ball.

Just watched the highlights. He seems to be behind the majority of the chances created - ok there weren’t many! 

Biggest positive from our game was scoring at a set-play that was clearly rehearsed. Perfect ball to start with (was it Duncan) and some clever feet by Kerr to get him the space he needed but I was watching the three big players in the centre of the box charging the Ayr defence to distract them. Not had much of that the last couple of years.

Ayr’s goal was a beauty and the initial pass in that move quite exceptional. But we still had a defensive opportunity in between the two that was missed with a very weak tackle, Murray I think. Unlike him, but he wasn’t the only one that was a bit too languorous in the second half.

Up top, the nice balls between the channels pretty much disappeared yesterday. It was too predictable and Ayr did enough to limit our shots from distance or just push us out to the touchline. I shake my head at Dom some times too but there’s no doubt we miss him, in many ways, when he’s not playing. 

Davidson’s frustration is growing. Biggest difference between the two teams was Ayr upping the gears and we didn’t react. Not the first time that’s happened this year. 

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Some through ball by Henderson to Watret though...

He plays that ball to Watret so often. 

He isn’t the type of wide player I thought he was, as he comes in the pitch so often - but he’s brilliant. 

That could obviously have as much to do with Brown’s style too. 

No Stone, McMann, Rus or Dowds - arguably the spine of the team. Add Murphy and a fully fit Musonda - I'll take that point all day long and twice on Sundays. 

Chin-up and onwards!

15 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

He plays that ball to Watret so often. 

He isn’t the type of wide player I thought he was, as he comes in the pitch so often - but he’s brilliant. 

That could obviously have as much to do with Brown’s style too. 

Aye that ball to Watret and then a cut back to a late runner is religiously worked on in training such is the way we can execute it. 

I think there’s a case to be made that Henderson is one of the best passers of the ball in the team. His passes are always so well weighted which is incredibly difficult to do when you’re taking a touch and playing it on again in a matter of seconds like he did on Saturday. 

Happy with the point - could quite easily have lost that in the end. We started reasonably well and was surprised how much we pressed in the opening 20 mins. Maybe a sign of things to come now that we've moved to the back 4? Almost feels like a new team getting to grips with things because it's been so unsettled - might take a while yet to click, but signs of progress.

Don't know if it was like for like subs at half time or a tweak to the system but Ayr just seemed to up the intensity in the 2nd half and it felt like a winner was coming.

Would have loved Roddy to get a bit more involved and demand the ball more playing as that number 10, and we really need to chuck that habit of just launching it to Zak. More progressing through midfield and linking the front 4 please. The players are all good on the ball - no need to turn it into a lottery by going long so quickly.