Morton v Airdrie

Deleted my last post as it was wrong of me and apologise for that. I'll try again being less of an a******e about it. 

Hard one to call with Morton's poor form going into this and Airdrie having an absolute mare on Saturday.

Another interesting factor is Morton being renowned for the more physical approach to games and Airdrie have struggled when facing this. 

The big question is can Morton press Airdrie like others have very successfully this season and if they do can Airdrie come up with a different approach to combat this. 

I am expecting a big response from Airdrie on Saturday and them having a bit too much for Morton and the points heading back to Lanarkshire. 

Edited by Rocky Rooster AFC
spelling error

I think you're unaware that we are allegedly playing a different style of football this season (and we weren't big bad physical Morton last season anyway).  From what I've seen of us this season, we are terrible, and particularly held back by a lack of any viable strikers.  Davies and Reynolds don't look anywhere near the required standard and Jet is more jumbo jet than F16.  Things are a bit better further back with a fairly decent defence (although jury still out on Delaney) or at least it will be when we get our injuries cleared up.  Bannatyne is a massive upgrade from last season's RB, Tyler French.  We have a reasonable midfield but if Wilson is out, we struggle as he just dominates midfields for us.

I'd be inclined to put your money on 0-0.  So far, it appears that Imrie's attacking signings wouldn't look out of place in amateur football and a goal from any of them is unlikely.

Edited by Alibi

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

I think you're unaware that we are allegedly playing a different style of football this season (and we weren't big bad physical Morton last season anyway).  From what I've seen of us this season, we are terrible, and particularly held back by a lack of any viable strikers.  Davies and Reynolds don't look anywhere near the required standard and Jet is more jumbo jet than F16.  Things are a bit better further back with a fairly decent defence (although jury still out on Delaney) or at least it will be when we get our injuries cleared up.  Bannatyne is a massive upgrade from last season's RB, Tyler French.  We have a reasonable midfield but if Wilson is out, we struggle as he just dominates midfields for us.

I'd be inclined to put your money on 0-0.  So far, it appears that Imrie's attacking signings wouldn't look out of place in amateur football and a goal from any of them is unlikely.

How's Moffat and Lyall been?

4 hours ago, AJ77 said:

How's Moffat and Lyall been?

They've been one of the bright spots.  It's not really a case of us having a completely shite squad; it's just that we have nobody capable of scoring goals.  Our goals against Falkirk came from our central defenders, headers from Ali Crawford free kicks, and our other goal was a penalty kick from Moffat.  When Ian Wilson is playing, our midfield fumctions well and we have a decent defence, but I can't recall a time when we looked so powder puff up front.  Signing a proper striker could transform this team.  Maybe liposuction for Jet would make a difference too as he does have some footballing ability cloaked in his fatsuit.

I've always liked Wilson as a midfielder and would be happy to see him missing out. We need to be able to compete all over the pitch so with both sides toiling slightly it will be another close one. Mind you my predictions are also toiling this season. Win for Airdrie! 

Given the good weather at present, hope behind the goal is dry, and small umbrella free, on Saturday.