St Johnstone's Next Permanent Manager - 24/25 Edition

Who will be St Johnstone's next permanent manager?  

303 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

41 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

Don’t think Metallica have a song called Thunder but AC/DC have Thunderstruck. 

Aye that one. That’s what happens when you’ve had no sleep. 

35 minutes ago, mizfit said:

It's pish as walkout music. Sound system is that crap, it just gets lost. Either go full pelt with flashing lights and mental graphics on scoreboard, or keep it simple with a version of 'oh when the saints'.

49 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Was going to make some sort of very lame enter sandman-type comment there but can't be arsed. 

13 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

It's pish as walkout music. Sound system is that crap, it just gets lost. Either go full pelt with flashing lights and mental graphics on scoreboard, or keep it simple with a version of 'oh when the saints'.

Absolutely this. For me the jury is still out on the new owners, and willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Clearly the managerial appointment is the next test that really matters but the AC/DC walkout music is a fail IMO. Quite tone-deaf to the different sports culture in Scotland vs the USA and frankly it's a bit of an embarrassment to have the team come out to that and get horsed 6-0. 

We don't need pantomime gung-ho darts walk-on music, and I can't imagine it does anything for the team other than make their toes curl up. 

15 hours ago, tree house tam said:

It says a lot when you need walk on music to be part of the 'match day experience'.

Surely that's a fallacy?  Certainly for away days the worst part of the day out is the actual football.

I’ve said this multiple times but I hate the constant music at games. I think it’s right to have some songs before the game to get the crowd pumped up a bit or whatever but is there anything worse than getting a big result at home, starting a big celebration at the end and suddenly you’ve got music drowning that all out. Just give us a few minutes first then play the music.

If you lose, don’t bother at all.