Stirling v Bonnyrigg, watching football ain’t what it u see d to be.

September always takes me back to Annfield. As a youngster, during a lull in a match, we would spread-eagle on the terrace. Below the “big hoose”’

Now we are shepherded into the icebox, that is the west stand. Am I a grumpy old sod, possibly. But later today I will jump on a zip line. Then swim in Traigh Allt Chaileag. All done under a later summer sun.

Enjoy the match guys. I don’t care, I won’t be there.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

always amazes me that the West Stand can be a few degrees cooler than the ambient temperature outside. even on a warm day, it's good to get out at half time to get some heat.  I miss Annfield too.  the freedom of the ground and being able to stand wherever you wanted. under the covered terrace in the second half. 

Had a couple of nice sunny September days on the South Terrace last year but think the results were both 2-2 draws. 

have fun on the zipline and braving the cold water. 

onto the game. looking forward to being back at home. if we can perform like we did in the last home game then I'm confident of a positive result. Presume Sula will be suspended so maybe Josh Kerr drops back into defence. i'd like to see Ross Davidson and either Waugh or Ferguson in the middle of the park.

last home game i remember against Bonnyrigg featured a last minute winner from Jack Leitch (assisted by his current EK teammate Tommo). that was the day i thought we were definitely going to win the league.  was only 18 months ago but feels like a lifetime. 

a similar outcome would be great. 

That games does seem like a lifetime ago @WattersIsGod, I'd actually forgotten about it until reading about it just there. 

I think it'll be a tight game, but it's one that I do think we can win, another performance like The Spartans game should see us right. Fingers crossed.

PS - Robert Thomson is no longer at East Kilbride, he's at Gartcairn I believe

oldgreymare.jpeg.49a97c8b8a5ff145bf5e0b3c160b31c4.jpeg

SINGS: the old football watching ain't what it used to be 

Not sure if this is a Binos fan or a Bonnyrigg fan as he's wearing red & white drawers. Stirling Chairman and two "ultras" in the background watch on. 

4 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

oldgreymare.jpeg.49a97c8b8a5ff145bf5e0b3c160b31c4.jpeg

SINGS: the old football watching ain't what it used to be 

Not sure if this is a Binos fan or a Bonnyrigg fan as he's wearing red & white drawers. Stirling Chairman and two "ultras" in the background watch on. 

i'll give you the rest of it but no way any ultras will be caught on camera not wearing a black hoodie.