Treble Chasing Motherwell vs St Mirren - 28/09/24

It seems to be working okay so far but I still have a bit of the fear about our makeshift midfield 3's lack of speed, strength or height. United dominated us their a lot on Friday and I'd expect O'Hara, Boyd Munce and Phillips to be difficult too. Adding in the KVV/Scott/Mandron dimension I'm not overly confident.

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Adding in the KVV/Scott/Mandron dimension I'm not overly confident.

Realise you've named them as your former players, but Olusanya really is looking very dangerous at the minute. Most fans hoping he and KVV will start up front together very soon.

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Realise you've named them as your former players, but Olusanya really is looking very dangerous at the minute. Most fans hoping he and KVV will start up front together very soon.

Oh aye, he's been your best striker (player?) this season from what I've seen. I don't usually buy into the former players scoring against you theory but when there's f**king four of them it does feel a bit inevitable :lol:

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Oh aye, he's been your best striker (player?) this season from what I've seen. I don't usually buy into the former players scoring against you theory but when there's f**king four of them it does feel a bit inevitable :lol:

KVV looked really sharp and motivated against Hearts. He is way more mobile than Mandron. Hope he starts at the weekend. 

I watched a lot of the St Mirren v Hearts game and they did remind me so much of our cup final(s) side. Hardly surprising when you have the same Manager but there were a lot of big physical players mixed in with speed up front. 

This game will tell us more about this season than any previously imho. A win and a deserved one and I think top 6 even this early is a distinct possibility. 

I think it will be our toughest game outside of Rangers at Hampden. Including the Dons away. They have a physicality that will cause us problems. Defensively we are better than last season and should cope better. Up front I think Robinson, Watt and Stama will deliver also. I just think we will get outmuscled in midfield which will possibly be quite telling.

Still really looking forward to the game and expect a decent crowd home and away fans. 

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

I watched a lot of the St Mirren v Hearts game and they did remind me so much of our cup final(s) side. Hardly surprising when you have the same Manager but there were a lot of big physical players mixed in with speed up front. 

This game will tell us more about this season than any previously imho. A win and a deserved one and I think top 6 even this early is a distinct possibility. 

I think it will be our toughest game outside of Rangers at Hampden. Including the Dons away. They have a physicality that will cause us problems. Defensively we are better than last season and should cope better. Up front I think Robinson, Watt and Stama will deliver also. I just think we will get outmuscled in midfield which will possibly be quite telling.

Still really looking forward to the game and expect a decent crowd home and away fans. 

Phillips definitely gives us a bit of added dig in midfield, but O'Hara isn't exactly man mountain, although his pressing is excellent. Unfortunately Boyd-Munce couldn't outmuscle a wet paper bag.

Midfield is our least settled area, due to injury and illness IMO. At the most, we've had a couple of weeks at best with the same midfield.

If we had Adeniran in place of CBM, I'd concede your point. Unfortunately, he seems to be permanently injured. 

At the back, now that Tanser seems to be fit, I think we'll see a settled defence. However, Gogic hasn't been as good as he's been over the past couple of seasons.

Up front Olusanya is on fire. The only question is whether Mandron or KVV will start alongside him.

What chance of a cash kiosk for away fans. I had a quick try at buying online and it became so fkn complicated for an auld fud like me that I gave up. 

58 minutes ago, ron said:

What chance of a cash kiosk for away fans. I had a quick try at buying online and it became so fkn complicated for an auld fud like me that I gave up. 

Try phoning Fir Park and see if they can help you 01698 333333, tell them you are an auld fud, we are a community club, they should sort you out.