Barney Stewart on the Radar

Heriot Watt Attacker, Barney stewart been training with a Championship team this week apparently and has a few teams in championship and league 1 fighting for his signature. He was offered a two year contract this week, any teams know much about him?

How does a team like Heriot Watt keep producing all these players who can go straight to high level football? I have seen interviews from Ayr united Anton dowds about the manager? Surely a team at that level no matter who the manager is should be producing talents like that? Few at Montrose as well? Who's the manager and has he managed at a high level?

8 hours ago, skynews said:

How does a team like Heriot Watt keep producing all these players who can go straight to high level football? I have seen interviews from Ayr united Anton dowds about the manager? Surely a team at that level no matter who the manager is should be producing talents like that? Few at Montrose as well? Who's the manager and has he managed at a high level?

You’re doing a great job BJ. Keep up the good work 😃😃

1 hour ago, fowler23 said:

You’re doing a great job BJ. Keep up the good work 😃😃

Hi Fowler, my son played for Heriot Watt 4s from 2017-2023 and i watched the 1st team a few times, am i not allowed to praise the club and what goes on, the guy puts a lot of work in for players right through the teams including helping coaches and players. Jealousy is a bad trait, all i asked was question people have been asking for years? Why is he never got the chance higher up the ladder.

12 hours ago, skynews said:

Heriot Watt Attacker, Barney stewart been training with a Championship team this week apparently and has a few teams in championship and league 1 fighting for his signature. He was offered a two year contract this week, any teams know much about him?

Hope he wasn't no.10 who played against WW last week. Amateur dramatics more his game if it was. 

They are a decent fast and fit team who have a few players that will cause many teams problems.

2 hours ago, skynews said:

Jealousy is a bad trait, all i asked was question people have been asking for years? Why is he never got the chance higher up the ladder.

Maybe he has a job attached to the Uni and is happy doing what he is doing? 

Students come and go, the real plaudits should go to yer linesman (Al Matheson) who's done every job you can think off at this level, been there through thick and some very very thin times.

Edited by newcastle broon

2 hours ago, skynews said:

Hi Fowler, my son played for Heriot Watt 4s from 2017-2023 and i watched the 1st team a few times, am i not allowed to praise the club and what goes on, the guy puts a lot of work in for players right through the teams including helping coaches and players. Jealousy is a bad trait, all i asked was question people have been asking for years? Why is he never got the chance higher up the ladder.

So you do know the manager then? 
No jealousy mate, was just a joke. I actually think BJ has done a great job at heriot watt. Has them playing good football and competitive every season! He’s a good coach. What level do you think he should be managing at? And how do you know he’s not been offered anything higher up the ladder??

1 hour ago, fowler23 said:

So you do know the manager then? 
No jealousy mate, was just a joke. I actually think BJ has done a great job at heriot watt. Has them playing good football and competitive every season! He’s a good coach. What level do you think he should be managing at? And how do you know he’s not been offered anything higher up the ladder??

I believe he has been offered roles further up the pyramid but he’s more than just the football head coach at HW (understand he has roles with other sports within the uni) so there’s been nothing attractive enough for him to justify giving that up.

He’s also pretty well paid at HW and would be, financially, out of reach of pretty much everyone below Championship level. 

HW have done well recently: cemented First Division place, and reached 3 cup finals (2 wins).

BUCS / SSS are important to them too: got promoted to British Premier last season, and stayed up (plus had already done very well in QP Shield for several seasons despite Stirling also featuring).

On 30/09/2024 at 11:55, newcastle broon said:

Hope he wasn't no.10 who played against WW last week. Amateur dramatics more his game if it was. 

The number 10 who was clattered by your knuckle draggers in defence? You think that's amateur dramatics? You're well suited to following that bunch of cloggers.

1 hour ago, Knightley said:

The number 10 who was clattered by your knuckle draggers in defence? You think that's amateur dramatics? You're well suited to following that bunch of cloggers.

:lol: welcome to the forum Knightly. 

Yip someone who goes down rolling about the park then gets up and runs about if nothing is wrong I would class as dramatic. 

On 29/09/2024 at 23:02, skynews said:

Anyway it was weeks ago and the thread is about one of your players.

Did he get the championship move or league 1 move?

How did the fight for his signature go? 

On 08/10/2024 at 22:38, newcastle broon said:

Yip someone who goes down rolling about the park then gets up and runs about if nothing is wrong I would class as dramatic. 

Falkirk won it :)

On 08/10/2024 at 22:38, newcastle broon said:

Columbo strikes again.