Clyde FC vs The Spartans - 05/10/2024

11 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I'm not defending McCall but it's it possible he's pretending he doesn't know? That way it's a display of the "only look at one game at a time", "we concentrate on our team's performance", "the league table only matters at the end of the season." 

I'm more concerned about his lack of interaction with his players during the matches. Do the coaching team only talk to the players pre-match and at half-time? Compare to every opposing manager who scream and gesture to their players during the game. McCall instead can be seen scribbling into his wee book, "Dear Diary, we're shite again"

Yes, I think it is very possible he's pretending he doesn't know but not for the reasons you suggest. If that's the case it's more likely to be about perpetuating the image of a man who is above all of this lower league pish.

Everything about the guy's body language and his actual language suggests he thinks he is working way beneath his station by slumming it in League 2 with Clyde. We should be thankful he's even bothering to turn up on matchday, right?

Edited by RutherGlen

38 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Yes, I think it is very possible he's pretending he doesn't know but not for the reasons you suggest. If that's the case it's more likely to be about perpetuating the image of a man who is above all of this lower league pish.

Everything about the guy's body language and his actual language suggests he thinks he is working way beneath his station by slumming it in League 2 with Clyde. We should be thankful he's even bothering to turn up on matchday, right?

The bigger picture is that we have overspent the biggest budget in years- to a level our very special on off on off director feels as worried for the club as when we we were in huge debt post Billy Carmichael, we are second bottom having been promised top 4 but alluding to putting a title winning squad together- and the Boardroom in tatters with the much lauded AM stepping down after a few months and effectively becoming part of the committee having overseen the overspend.

it’s a complete shambles- and they predicted crowd numbers so badly and put price of admission up to £19 and the budget clearly skewed beyond repair.

”your club be a part of it”….., if only.

As soon as I had a look at the team sheet yesterday, it was obvious how the game was go (again) A midfield of McKay, Murdoch & D. Lyon,  one of the worst midfields I can remember, and there’s been a few, they must be showing up good in training against the cones, add to that Houston at RB and Leitch who can show signs of a player , but not often enough, we are playing with half a team.

McCall must have a good look at himself he’s making the same mistakes every week, all the changes he has to make at HT, tells you he doesn’t know his best team, but surely by now he knows his worse team.

22 minutes ago, shawfielder said:

As soon as I had a look at the team sheet yesterday, it was obvious how the game was go (again) A midfield of McKay, Murdoch & D. Lyon,  one of the worst midfields I can remember, and there’s been a few, they must be showing up good in training against the cones, add to that Houston at RB and Leitch who can show signs of a player , but not often enough, we are playing with half a team.

McCall must have a good look at himself he’s making the same mistakes every week, all the changes he has to make at HT, tells you he doesn’t know his best team, but surely by now he knows his worse team.

Harsh to throw Murdoch into that trio. The whole Maitland thing is an embarrassment too. I can’t see anything changing unless it gets “really bad”. 

3 minutes ago, Bob731 said:

Harsh to throw Murdoch into that trio. The whole Maitland thing is an embarrassment too. I can’t see anything changing unless it gets “really bad”. 

It's not already "really bad"?! 

6 minutes ago, Bob731 said:

Maybe just me, I’ve been to all the games except Peterhead, and I can’t see him bringing anything, I see someone who is unfit and trying to get himself match fit at our expense 

4 hours ago, Bob731 said:

Murdoch was very poor yesterday. Harsh on Houston possibly, thought he did fine. Playing Paul McKay as a 10 was a bizarre choice too.

McCalls arrogance in almost dismissing our points total or who we are playing next and hitting out with I don’t need to reflect I’ve managed 900 odd games, was hard to stomach after yet another performance with no clear game plan, playing style or consistent lineup.

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

Murdoch was very poor yesterday. Harsh on Houston possibly, thought he did fine. Playing Paul McKay as a 10 was a bizarre choice too.

McCalls arrogance in almost dismissing our points total or who we are playing next and hitting out with I don’t need to reflect I’ve managed 900 odd games, was hard to stomach after yet another performance with no clear game plan, playing style or consistent lineup.

I'd sack him purely based on that PM interview...also why would the interviewer, (a more committed club volunteer would be hard to find) ask him what the issue with Jordan Allan was and why he was subbed?

I think McCall involves a fear factor - a short fuse.....his reply about "reflecting" was just arrogant and rude.