Croatia 🇭🇷 v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland

Scotland take on Modric and the dish towels on Saturday at 5pm. 

Will we manage a win?

What channel is this on?

Why does no one want to show our games?

Edited by Scary Bear

We will get horsed by a  couple of goals.

We may aswell just bomb out any old player or plodder and plan for the future at this stage, get Doak in, Christie in CM, Ralston Out, Hanley Out. If we are changing shape or being more attacking then get Dykes out the team for Adams. 

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Scotland take on Modric and the dish cloths on Saturday at 5pm. 

Will we manage a win?

What channel is this on?

Why does no one want to show our games?

ITV again.

We're probably losing this one too; they didn't have a great Euros either, but are still a level above us, and the squad's decimated just now. In theory that should make this a game we can relax about, but I don't think many people are in the mood for that.

We're hoping for some of the fringe players to come in and prove they've got what it takes. Considering stability is the hallmark of a solid defence, which we haven't had in some time anyway...yeah, it's not looking good. Bit worried that this could be a grim one for Craig Gordon.

Just looking at it pre Euros I'd have said our best 11 was:

Gunn, Hanley, Hendry, Tierney, Robertson, Hickey, McGregor, Gilmour, McGinn, McTominay, Dykes

Arguably Porteous or McKenna for Hanley. Arguably Christie in there somewhere, Arguably Adams for Dykes.

Six of that starting eleven unavailable. Seven if you switch McKenna for Hanley in it. Robertson's the only first choice player available in the defensive half of the pitch!

The injury list at the moment is horrific. Qualifying for Nations League A and then being able to field a 2nd string at best is annoying.

Gordon

Ralston Hanley Porteous Robertson

Gilmour McLean

Doak McTominay Christie

Dykes

Ralston or Devlin? I don't care, but might be better going with the devil you know.

I'd like to see Christie play in McLean's position, but there aren't many good options to take his spot on the left and I'm not sure these games are the ones to try it in. 

Doak's there due to a lack of options, though it could be Forrest for his defensive work or Gauld as someone who could come inside. 

Dykes' performances against Portugal and Spain mean that I trust him more than Adams for these kinds of games, however I wouldn't complain about Adams starting.

11 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

To be fair there's an argument that on form that should have been the original decision!

Well, he's got his chance now.

If he can't score a hat-trick in the last ten minutes now, it's back to Burger King, I'm afraid.

28 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Croatia's home and away shirts have consistently been around the best designed football tops to have IMO

Their 1998 home shirt is one of the best shirts ever made. 

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I had a Croatia away top back in the early 2000s.

I've still got the Croatia home top I bought in 2000 when I went to Zagreb for the 1-1 game. It's dated by the fact it has Prosencki 8 on the back!

Even more surprising is that I had reason to try it on relatively recently and it still fitted me. Which I can only deduce to mean it was f**king massive on me when I bought it! 🤣

20 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I've still got the Croatia home top I bought in 2000 when I went to Zagreb for the 1-1 game. It's dated by the fact it has Prosencki 8 on the back!

Even more surprising is that I had reason to try it on relatively recently and it still fitted me. Which I can only deduce to mean it was f**king massive on me when I bought it! 🤣

1 hour ago, Butters Scotch said:

Croatia's home and away shirts have consistently been around the best designed football tops to have IMO

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

This is now officially your fault.

I keep meaning to buy another one. It was an excellent football top.