Ayr United v Livingston - 19/10/24

So big game for both this Saturday.  Livi going quietly about their business and will fancy their chances against still a depleted Ayr side.  Still a few questions needing answered our end, will Devlin and McMann be back, who wins goalkeeping bingo and how long will Howley be sidelined for.  Wasn't at the game on Saturday, did McLennan play up front with Oakley?  Would take a rough guess that we go:

Russell

Watret  Stanger  Musonda  Reading

Henderson  Dempsey  Rus  Murphy

Oakley  McKenzie

Subs: Stone, McAllister, Devlin*, McMann*, Syla, Walker, Hastie, McLennan, Bavidge

A 1-1 draw I think may be on the cards, however wouldn't be surprised to lose it 1-0 with Livi looking really strong at the back and us struggling a bit in front of goal now.

*If they are fit to return.

Edited by callum-ayr

Not particularly looking forward to this. I expect Livingston will end up winning the league as they appear to be the most defensively sound team this season and I think that’s going to be the kicker given the lack of a proper goalscorer anywhere else. 

Praying to the footballing gods that Scott McMann is fit enough to start here. 

41 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

So big game for both this Saturday.  Livi going quietly about their business and will fancy their chances against still a depleted Ayr side.  Still a few questions needing answered our end, will Devlin and McMann be back, who wins goalkeeping bingo and how long will Howley be sidelined for.  Wasn't at the game on Saturday, did McLennan play up front with Oakley?  Would take a rough guess that we go:

Russell

Watret  Stanger  Musonda  Reading

Henderson  Dempsey  Rus  Murphy

Oakley  McKenzie

Subs: Stone, McAllister, Devlin*, McMann*, Syla, Walker, Hastie, McLennan, Bavidge

A 1-1 draw I think may be on the cards, however wouldn't be surprised to lose it 1-0 with Livi looking really strong at the back and us struggling a bit in front of goal now.

*If they are fit to return.

I think both McLennan and McAllister will start - hopefully it’s that back four though. 

25 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Not particularly looking forward to this. I expect Livingston will end up winning the league as they appear to be the most defensively sound team this season and I think that’s going to be the kicker given the lack of a proper goalscorer anywhere else. 

Praying to the footballing gods that Scott McMann is fit enough to start here. 

I’m going to say there is absolutely no chance of McMann starting.

26 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I think both McLennan and McAllister will start - hopefully it’s that back four though. 

I’m going to say there is absolutely no chance of McMann starting.

Where did McLennan play on Saturday?  I suspect you may be right about McAllister.

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Where did McLennan play on Saturday?  I suspect you may be right about McAllister.

I was working but from what I’ve seen others say he spent part of the game up with Oakley, but also some time out wide and in central midfield after injuries. 

I think we’ll see him in the Dowds role. 

39 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Up front but dropped deeper a few times to try and get involved as we weren’t really creating anything. 

He ended up playing next to Dempsey in the second half due to injuries. 

I think McAlister will keep his place , was my Mom on Saturday . McLennan should start as well .  Hopefully Watret is back to his usual self after the debacle at Falkirk . 
it would be huge if McMann made the bench . Dempsey said on Saturday that both Devlin & McMann would be training with the team this week with a view  to be ready for Saturday. 

1 hour ago, railwayend said:

I think McAlister will keep his place , was my Mom on Saturday . McLennan should start as well .  Hopefully Watret is back to his usual self after the debacle at Falkirk . 

If Brown stays true to form after a player plays poorly and Frankie returns unscathed I suspect Dylan will be benched after his performance at Falkirk. Frankie at CB Nick at RB.