Wasps V Smokies

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not been great the last couple of games. 3 wins from last 4 league games though. We started really well on Saturday looking good too but completely fell away after going a goal up. 

Watson needs to come in and play for me for his experience. Taylor AND Coulson in the team this week, Goldie or Flynn to drop out to get a left midfielder on the park.

4-1-4-1. 

Last game against Alloa a couple weeks back, I felt we showed them far too much respect.  We spent the first 20 minutes of each half sitting so deep that we were practically on the edge of our penalty box.  Luke Donnelly isnt that scary!

Actually, not a million miles from the way we sat back against Dumbarton once we got the goal.

We missed Watson last week, and I also get why we tried Taylor wide, but I think he drifted in too much.  I'd prefer him in the middle, either alongside Flynn and behind Dow, or replacing Dow.  

Mcadams

Smith watson tob wilkie

spalding flynn

stewart dow coulson

reilly

Bisland for smith if he cant play rb and think coulson will provide some width on the other side. Taylor, murray and gallagher all good subs to bring on attacking wise.

10 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Big improvement needed from Saturdays 2nd half debacle. 

I feel like that second half has kind of got me a bit wary again. For all the good there’s been there’s been periods in games like that and I’m never overly confident in us and about what we’re going to get. Unsure if it’s because we’re a really young side in comparison to usual or if we’ve just not quite clicked yet. 

I feel like that’s why we absolutely need Watson and ToB at the heart of that defence.

No idea what’s going to happen on Saturday. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us comfortably win 2-0 and at same time wouldn’t be surprised to see us on the end of a 2-0 comfortable home Alloa victory.

Bit of a weird phase for us with so many new players and a new team and with Goldie and Hammy as gaffers. Been a long time since we’ve been in such a proper transitional period - it never really came with McIntyre as that always really felt like the end was just around the corner but it’s definitely here now

Edited by 1320Lichtie

6 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Mcadams

Smith watson tob wilkie

spalding flynn

stewart dow coulson

reilly

Bisland for smith if he cant play rb and think coulson will provide some width on the other side. Taylor, murray and gallagher all good subs to bring on attacking wise.

Don’t mind this tbh, no sure what Bisland has done to be dropped, problem on Saturday was, Wilkie had no help from the man ahead of him

The pattern currently suggests no one wants to be top of this league for more than a week, pointing to either a draw or an Arbroath win.

If Alloa win then that might be a first for a team already top of the table.

Can't remember the last time the top team won or remained top for more than one week.