The Staggies v whatever Kilmarnock call themselves

If ever I've not known what to expect from a game, this would be it despite the facts that "Killie"* just beat Rangers - something County very convincingly failed to do not ages ago, while County put in what sounds like one of the most insipid performances in our history in the 0-3 at McDiarmid. I do feel like with this current County, 'how they did last time out' shouldn't really have any bearing on how you expect them to do next time out.

I think my biggest concern right now (and it's caused my biggest 'alarm bells' moment of Bovine Donald's tenure to date) was seeing Brophy in the starting 11 against St. J last weekend. Does anyone have inside info that White wasn't completely fit, or something? Otherwise, I just don't see where that's come from or how you justify it. And I'm not even interested in any "Cowie sees him day in, day out on the training pitch - let's trust his judgement" etc, even though my default is usually to give the benefit of the doubt. The fact is, whatever he may or may not show in training is converting to ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when it matters. I'd have White ahead of him every day of the week, or Samuel who I at least know brings something to the game (quite a decent something, in my opinion - albeit off the bench is maybe best) even if he has his own shortcomings and frustrations at times.

If team selection is sensible, I don't see any reason we can't make a go of this one. I predict maximum one goal in it at half time and everything still up for grabs going into the last 15.

(*seriously though, do you have a nickname beyond that? I'm not trying to be funny, I just can't think of it if you do...)

I grew up in Ayr and everyone knows the proper nickname is DKB’s.

Brophy is a busted flush to me, hasn’t offered anything for the longest time. 

Hope County turn up on Sat, my eyes still hurt from Perth last week. 

*Edit ~ Hopefully no more mucking about with team selection. Unless there were injuries we don’t know about,  last  week’s was a mystery. 

Edited by Lanky Highlander

38 minutes ago, Weird Fishes said:

@The Great Stagsby Will your Swiss friend be attending?

Not as things stand, but I'm sure we'd all agree that should be rectified. I therefore plan to set up a GoFundMe, aiming to raise the funds needed to get him over for every remaining home game of the season. I trust I can count on the support of the County faithful, and although they would stand to gain nothing directly themselves, I also hereby appeal to all opposition fans and neutrals to chip in, simply for the LOLs it would bring about were it to raise more than ICT's recent one did 👍

Spoiler

LOLLOLLOLOOLLOLLLOlolollkookko!!!1!1!111!!112!1!2!!!!1 Roflcopter and all that.

Just now, The Great Stagsby said:

Not as things stand, but I'm sure we'd all agree that should be rectified. I therefore plan to set up a GoFundMe, aiming to raise the funds needed to get him over for every remaining home game of the season. I trust I can count on the support of the County faithful, and although they would stand to gain nothing directly themselves, I also hereby appeal to all opposition fans and neutrals to chip in, simply for the LOLs it would bring about were it to raise more than ICT's recent one did 👍

Reveal hidden contents

LOLLOLLOLOOLLOLLLOlolollkookko!!!1!1!111!!112!1!2!!!!1 Roflcopter and all that.

Do a Savage and ask Highland Council to rally round...

4 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Our record in Dingwall is terrible.

On current form I wouldn’t expect us to lose but in this league and with us up there you never know. I want 3 points but would take 1 right now.

I'd be tempted to start Watson on the bench even if DM has other ideas.

2 goals against Dundee Utd and his assist for Marley's winner against The Rangers was his first touch off the bench.

If things don't go well, he could be a good addition at that point.

As this game seems to be being blessed with the same officiating duo that we had at St. Mirren, the smart money says that Vassell will have his head kicked clean off by a brutish Highlander and then be shown a straight red for bleeding over the pitch, then Brophy to be given a penalty by Dallas on VAR because Findlay was in his vicinity.

Wonder what the odds would be on these clowns being given another game to ref involving the Old Firm if they'd made as many dreadful decisions against them a few weeks previously... That being said, our record in Dingwall is so bad that County probably won't even require any assistance from the officials to get a result; hopefully I'm wrong.