What Are You Listening To?

ICTChris

Streaming the Savages album. It's like really, really bad PJ Harvey. Angry = art still. I wouldn't be surprised if they've done a photo shoot with masking tape over their mouths. That kind of cliched nonsense which was probably clever the first time but not the 8,000th. Adults behaving like art school students.

Streaming the Savages album. It's like really, really bad PJ Harvey. Angry = art still. I wouldn't be surprised if they've done a photo shoot with masking tape over their mouths. That kind of cliched nonsense which was probably clever the first time but not the 8,000th. Adults behaving like art school students.

Totally agree with this. They hype Savages received made me sigh.

Kanye West's new album 'Yeezus'. It's largely an absolute travesty of a record. Off to listen to J Cole's new one now, which I'd expect to be significantly better.

Only given Yeezus one listen, abrasive is the first word I'd describe it as.

Got Lambchop - Nixon on now. Lovely stuff, timeless country-soul sound on Nixon, respected around the world, need a good stereo though!

A 10/10 for me, "Up With People", that bit when the feedback kicks in, liquid music.

Edited by Christophe

Spun Yeezus a couple of times now, the crazy fúcked up mess that it is. I like it. I don't REALLY like it, but I like it. Need to crank it out on a superior sound system to truly understand it. Now spinning the new Empire Of The Sun album. Sounds like Empire Of The Sun.

Have I recommended John Murry - The Graceless Age to everyone yet? Well, it shouldn't be to everyone, more to all those who are partial to a bit of morose, singer-songwriter musics. It's pretty bloody great. Definitely got that Mark Eitzel/Kozelek/Linkous vibe to it. All the Marks.

Go to track = Little Coloured Balloons.