What Are You Listening To?

ICTChris

Bashing out Deafheaven again, love every track on it, the fills in 'Dream House' are just earth shattering, the 'BUM-BUM-BUM' that happens near the end, 'Sunbather' is fucking balls out all the way, first few minutes of 'Vertigo' are stunning and the tremelo arm pulls on 'The Pecan Tree' absolutely rule/distort the fabric of time and space, what I wanted from M B V but never got.

You've gotta admire him, he could've had any girl in the world and he chose Linda McCartney

What do you call a dog with wings?

Just got a delivery of CDs.

Scott Walker box set - first five albums.

Georges Bizet: Djamileh

Gluck: Iphigénie en Aulide, La Rencontre Imprévuew: Don Juan

Meyerbeer: The Crusader in Egypt

Roma Violenta (a compilation of tracks from 1970s Italian thrillers) - This is brilliant.

What did you think? I liked about 4 of the 16 tracks and was pretty bored throughout it. I even preferred Yeezus.

His worst album on first impression, and i'm usually pretty lenient with him, i even liked The Blueprint 3!

He needs to work out that Beyonce isn't all that, there's a sequel to their 'Bonnie & Clyde' on there, why don't they just stay at home and count their money.

His worst album on first impression, and i'm usually pretty lenient with him, i even liked The Blueprint 3!

He needs to work out that Beyonce isn't all that, there's a sequel to their 'Bonnie & Clyde' on there, why don't they just stay at home and count their money.

Yes, good production and some half-decent instrumentals, as you'd expect, but his flow is pretty poor and lyrics are worse. Shallow nonsense. I quite like the opening track with Justin Timberlake. I like Frank Ocean's guest feature. The track with Nas (produced by Pharrell) is decent, as is the one about Blue Ivy. And I liked the instrumental on 'Crown'.

For an album to be considered a success in my opinion, it has to have some sort of effect on me. Yeezus was frequently difficult to listen to, but it left much more of an impression that Magna Carta Holy Grail did. Really forgettable stuff.