What Are You Listening To?

ICTChris

I Write Sins Not Tragedies by Panic! At The Disco. TUNE :D

Spanky - you seem to know your music. :king

What are your "sources" for unearthing new music? Different radio stations? Music websites? Magazines? Word of Mouth?

I'm always interested in hearing new music but not always sure where to find it :)

NB Other people are welcome to answer this too B)

Edited by supermac

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

Spanky - you seem to know your music. :king

What are your "sources" for unearthing new music? Different radio stations? Music websites? Magazines? Word of Mouth?

I'm always interested in hearing new music but not always sure where to find it :)

NB Other people are welcome to answer this too B)

Why thank you very much :D

I listen to

Zane Lowe on radio 1, monday - thursday 7pm-9pm

Lamacq Live on radio 1, monday 9pm - 1am

Roundtable on radio 6 music, friday 5 - 6pm

I actually listen to the above when i'm at work through the BBC listen again feature on the internet. I hate day time radio so i listen to the above shows to while away the hours

If you have Sky i would recommend watching Gonzo with Zane Lowe and the NME Chart Show, both on MTV2

I find these to be the good sources of new music.

If i do hear i song that i like, i'll then go and download it on Limewire along with a few more songs from the artist to check out if they're any good or just one hit wonders.

Hope this helps :D

Now listening to Bang Bang You're Dead by Dirty Pretty Things (Carl Barats new band)

Why thank you very much :D

I listen to

Zane Lowe on radio 1, monday - thursday 7pm-9pm

Lamacq Live on radio 1, monday 9pm - 1am

Roundtable on radio 6 music, friday 5 - 6pm

I actually listen to the above when i'm at work through the BBC listen again feature on the internet. I hate day time radio so i listen to the above shows to while away the hours

If you have Sky i would recommend watching Gonzo with Zane Lowe and the NME Chart Show, both on MTV2

I find these to be the good sources of new music.

If i do hear i song that i like, i'll then go and download it on Limewire along with a few more songs from the artist to check out if they're any good or just one hit wonders.

Hope this helps :D

Now listening to Bang Bang You're Dead by Dirty Pretty Things (Carl Barats new band)

So it's true - flattery does get you quick responses :lol:

I've recently been pointed towards 6 Music which seems quite decent. During the day when I'm in the car I've started listening to the new XFM station although so far they seem to be playing the tried and trusted stuff rather than anything too innovative.

Yeah, I try to watch the NME Chart show (when I remember), it's normally pretty decent.

I've used Limewire a few times tho am I right in saying you cant download full albums on there? Just used new version of Soulseek to download Subways album, sounds pretty ace thus far B)

I know it's probably not exactly the thread topic but if you uncover any bands/tunes you think the P&B public might like to hear I for one would be happy for you to post it on here with a recommendation!

You are doing a fine public service :king

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

I know it's probably not exactly the thread topic but if you uncover any bands/tunes you think the P&B public might like to hear I for one would be happy for you to post it on here with a recommendation!

You are doing a fine public service :king

I'll rattle os some of my tips for 2006 quickly (because i'm just off to watch the final 2 episodes of Lost :P )

Check out

Arctic Monkeys (very obvious choice but by this time next year they'll be the biggest band in Britain)

The Guillemots

The Automatic

Captain

Panic! At The Disco

Forward Russia

Crimea

Boy Kill Boy

Dirty Pretty Things

Thats all i can think of just now but i'll post a few more when i can think of them ;)

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

I'll rattle os some of my tips for 2006 quickly (because i'm just off to watch the final 2 episodes of Lost :P )

Check out

Arctic Monkeys (very obvious choice but by this time next year they'll be the biggest band in Britain)

The Guillemots

The Automatic

Captain

Panic! At The Disco

Forward Russia

Crimea

Boy Kill Boy

Dirty Pretty Things

Thats all i can think of just now but i'll post a few more when i can think of them ;)

A few more new bands to look out for this year if anyones interested

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Shitdisco (great name :D )

Plan B

The Long Blondes

Fall Out Boy

Sunshine Underground

Currently listening to Godess On A Highway by Mercury Rev. Surely Deserter's Songs is one of the most under rated albums ever