Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Err, yes you do, if you have any kind of self control.

Credit cards shouldonly be used for on-line transactions to give you some insurance.

With you on the self control and online thing.

However, I pay for pretty much everything I can on my credit card and clear the balance each week to keep on top of it. Tesco rewards scheme works brilliantly for me. I combine the points from my Clubcard with points from my Tesco credit card (the more I spend the more I earn - makes no odds to me whether I use my switch or credit card so long as it gets paid off quickly). I then use the Clubcard Deals scheme instead of spending the vouchers in store. You get four times the value that way so I paid for two weekends away with my children last year, including a trip to Legoland which I otherwise couldn't have done with them, all because I'm controlled enough not to overspend on a piece of plastic. I also paid for over half our holiday using Clubcard Deals a couple of years ago - well worth it! ;)

Guest SteveCity

people who think they are funny and arnt get on my nerves.. or people who think they know everything and insist there right even though they clearly arnt..

With you on the self control and online thing.

:lol: I see what you did there ;)

However, I pay for pretty much everything I can on my credit card and clear the balance each week to keep on top of it. Tesco rewards scheme works brilliantly for me. I combine the points from my Clubcard with points from my Tesco credit card (the more I spend the more I earn - makes no odds to me whether I use my switch or credit card so long as it gets paid off quickly). I then use the Clubcard Deals scheme instead of spending the vouchers in store. You get four times the value that way so I paid for two weekends away with my children last year, including a trip to Legoland which I otherwise couldn't have done with them, all because I'm controlled enough not to overspend on a piece of plastic. I also paid for over half our holiday using Clubcard Deals a couple of years ago - well worth it! ;)

That is pretty much the epitome of using cards and deals on line to your advantage.

That is pretty much the epitome of using cards and deals on line to your advantage.

Why, thank you. What can I say? I'm a smart girl. :lol:

Edit to add:

:lol: I see what you did there ;)

Maybe not so smart after all! I only just realised myself what I did there. But... ;) indeed. :lol::lol::lol:

Will you likely be at the Thistle game on 1st March?

Edited by HGG

Yes indeed.

I'm debating whether to take the kids. All of them. I took them once - to the pre-season against Oldham in July - and have been pestered to take them again ever since. Now I've gone and promised that I'll take them up for a weekend and we'll make a game. That's one of the few home games left that I can make this season, so I may see you then.

The full fat stuff makes my mouth feel sticky and horrid. I much prefer the taste of diet, if that's ok with you.

Sorry to hear that, man. Hope you're doing ok.

I dont care if you prefer the taste. Its the ones that go better make it a diet! Like its going to make much difference.

People on this forum are way to defensive

I went to bed nearly two hours ago. I'm so exhausted my head hurts and I barely have the energy to move. So why can't I sleep? It's driving me mad! :(

I managed to sleep all the way through from about 1 'till 6:30 last night, which is a long time for me. Hope that is some consolation to you. :P

Insomniacs of the world unite.

Edit : Spelling.

Edited by Garrowhillclyde

I managed to sleep all the way through from about 1 'till 6:30 last night, which is a long time for me. Hope that is some consolation to you. :P

Insomnicas of the world unite.

Aye, thanks a bunch *mate*! :angry:

I went back to bed, lay there awake till 4am, went to see to Scott as he woke up crying about then and I finally managed to drop off to sleep about 4.30am. Thankfully none of the children woke me until 7am this morning so I at least got a couple of hours. I'm tired now! :( No chance of getting back to bed though - even if my little girl would give me half an hour's peace, I've got a shedload of people coming round this morning with their children. No rest for the wicked, eh? I must've done something really bad! :ph34r:

Edit to add: I don't actually begrudge the fact that you've had a decentish sleep - at least one of us has! I'm just really very grumpy because I didn't.

Grump grumpity grump.

Edited by HGG

I went back to bed, lay there awake till 4am, went to see to Scott as he woke up crying about then and I finally managed to drop off to sleep about 4.30am. Thankfully none of the children woke me until 7am this morning so I at least got a couple of hours. I'm tired now! :( No chance of getting back to bed though - even if my little girl would give me half an hour's peace, I've got a shedload of people coming round this morning with their children. No rest for the wicked, eh? I must've done something really bad! :ph34r:

Edit to add: I don't actually begrudge the fact that you've had a decentish sleep - at least one of us has! I'm just really very grumpy because I didn't.

Grump grumpity grump.

If it helps, 'cos I got a half decent sleep last night, it means I wont sleep well tonight, be knackered the next day, sleep OK the next night, and so the cycle goes on.

Are our sleep cycles synchronised? I went to bed and couldnt get to sleep till half 6...woke up at 8, but just lay in bed like a zombie till ten. Ultimate nightmare compromise. :( Didnt get up, didnt go back to sleep and get some more rest.

Im going to be like the living dead all day now.