Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The thing is, with most folk it isn't just a quick glance. Theres folk who will stare at the thing for literally miles and barely looking at the road.

A friend of mine had his car written off when some idiot ploughed into the back of him while using sat nav. When my mate asked the guy what he was playing at he came out with "I never saw you, I'm lost and was programming my satnav". The police didn't seem to give a f**k <_<

At the end of the day its an unnecessary distraction from the road. Its only a matter of time until there is evidence about the dangers posed.

i.e. you have no evidence.

It is illegal to programme it on the move, I believe.

But otherwise, you don't have any evidence and you're making it up. Thought so.

In my opinion its an unnecessary distraction and thats why I will never use one. Just like I'd never use my mobile at the wheel.

At the end of the day, if you have an ounce of common sense then you would just buy a £5 map rather than waste hundreds of pounds on a sat nav.

P.S. I admit theres no evidence to back up my opinion but I'm not making anything up so theres no need so snooty.

I'm not being snooty, I'm just stating the facts. I'll be snooty if you like, though. I'm good at that. But I usually reserve it for work.

As for buying a map...that's all well and good when you have your journey planned before you set off, and that's what I usually do. The sat nav is just a back up.

In my opinion its an unnecessary distraction and thats why I will never use one. Just like I'd never use my mobile at the wheel.

At the end of the day, if you have an ounce of common sense then you would just buy a £5 map rather than waste hundreds of pounds on a sat nav.

P.S. I admit theres no evidence to back up my opinion but I'm not making anything up so theres no need so snooty.

Yeah, because reading a map at the wheel is SOOOO much safer! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And you can get a Sat Nav for less than £50 these days - hardly hundreds of pounds :1eye

I'm not being snooty, I'm just stating the facts. I'll be snooty if you like, though. I'm good at that. But I usually reserve it for work.

As for buying a map...that's all well and good when you have your journey planned before you set off, and that's what I usually do. The sat nav is just a back up.

Fair play if you can afford hundreds of pounds for a "back-up" option. I wasn't suggesting that you personally were one of the dafties who constantly watches the screen, I was just stating that they certainly are out there.

So having a sat nav giv you verbal commands is dangerous...but scrutinising a cheap and very, very small map on the move is perfectly okay? :huh:

Fair play if you can afford hundreds of pounds for a "back-up" option. I wasn't suggesting that you personally were one of the dafties who constantly watches the screen, I was just stating that they certainly are out there.

Honestly, where are you getting this "hundreds" of pounds pish from?

Yeah, because reading a map at the wheel is SOOOO much safer! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

And you can get a Sat Nav for less than £50 these days - hardly hundreds of pounds :1eye

Where did I suggest that anyone should read a map at the wheel?

Buy a map, if you are unsure of the journey plan it before you leave. If its a particularly long journey then you'll be making stops anyway so when you stop you can plan the next part. Simple and cheap.

Guest The Phoenix
For the record, I don't have a sat nav. Furthermore, your attempt to guilt trip the forum will come to naught! :P

Be honest, you don't have a car never mind a Sat Nav. :lol::lol:

Be honest, you don't have a car never mind a Sat Nav. :lol::lol:

for the record I do have a car. It may be SORN, but its still my car! :(

And my nag, that bloody cheese on toast thread, I want to go to bed, but its one of the most entertaining threads in ages!