Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Because I've been busy with other things, I've been neglecting my garden for a few weeks. Consequently, I gave the slugs an amnesty. After all, I was normally only burning one to death per night, and my garden was blooming. Fast forward 3 weeks though, and my garden had a fair number of weeds...clear them aside, and my plants have been eaten again!

Some of my expensive plants I bought are just stems again. Did the slugs learn nothing from my blowtorching. I know Kilt said that nature would balance things out, but Kilt doesn't know the first thing about nature. He lives in a city and works in an airport for gods sake! No, the war is back on again.

I was out with my blowtorch tonight, and in one sweep, I found TEN slugs, including 3 on one plant. Its only a tiny garden, thats just not right. I'm going out for another sweep at midnight, and then the war continues once more. The slugs didn't learn, they must die. In fact there's so many out there that the blowtorch is too slow. I am arming myself with salt AND flame. This means war! :angry:

As much as I admire your pyromaniacal approach to garden pests, perhaps slug-pellets would be a better long-term solution,If not you could leave the charred corpse of one in a prominant spot as a macabre warning to the others.

As much as I admire your pyromaniacal approach to garden pests, perhaps slug-pellets would be a better long-term solution,If not you could leave the charred corpse of one in a prominant spot as a macabre warning to the others.

Nah, I don't believe in pesticides and all that sort of stuff. I prefer a natural, ethical approach. And believe it or not, slugs eat each other! When you look at them the following night, the slugs are all over the charred remnants. It makes it easy to burn them, but still, slugs are cannibals!

Guest The Phoenix
f**k sake. Kilt hasn't even finished posting yet and BullyWee1878 is in the thread.

I think he gets a stirring in his loins, when Kilt posts, which acts like an alarm.

Nah, I don't believe in pesticides and all that sort of stuff. I prefer a natural, ethical approach. And believe it or not, slugs eat each other! When you look at them the following night, the slugs are all over the charred remnants. It makes it easy to burn them, but still, slugs are cannibals!

Fair dos, I wish you good luck in your quest, as slugs freak me out more than almost any creature.

Guest The Phoenix
By Vectron.
That was pish! :lol:

It's a golf day joke.

Everytime someone played a shite shot, they had to say By Vectron.

Frazzy said it a lot. :ph34r:

It's a golf day joke.

Everytime someone played a shite shot, they had to say By Vectron.

Frazzy said it a lot. :ph34r:

It's just spinning around in my head like a broken record. How i love Golf. Still no idea how i lost that ball on the 15th!? I'll take my 4 points on the 14th and walk away a proud man :D.

Cheers for a good game today you certainly kept the banter flowing.

I still walked round them :lol:

Haha, oh aye! I remember Knightswood Bear fired a ball into the shit on the right on the 16th and i met you whilst looking for my ball which was in the same place.

You were quick to remind me that it wasn't your shite shot :P!

what a fecking tube you are!!

step away from the computer and go outside and try and interract with your fellow human being or you are going to die a sad lonely old man

:lol::lol::lol:

Awwww, are you ruffled? By Vectron's overly large pigs, you've been taking wee digs at me for weeks, if not months. Just wee sly ones, and you always seem disappointed when I ignore you. So here we are by Vectron, you've got your response, for the first time by Vectron, I've called you on your wee digs, and in the name of Vectron, aren't you ruffled!

What you going to do now? Mash out another sweary response with your forehead? :D

What exactly is your problem? - Or was it a last ditch attempt to establish Vectron as a viable piss-take? Douyoulikefish is a sound guy - back off! <_<

RAMADAN

Whit!?! I respect all religions and two of my colleagues are Muslim. So what exactly is your problem with people not eating between daybreak and sunset? If that is what supports their faith, why attack it? I share bread and eat seeds at Lughnasadh, as a Pagan, to celebrate the harvest of what the Goddess has given us during the Summer/Autumn period. Why pick on the Muslim Ramadan celebration of devotion. Feck - how shallow minded! <_<

Going to Ibrox tomorrow :(

Good luck, mate! GIRUThem! ;)

Some of my expensive plants I bought are just stems again. Did the slugs learn nothing from my blowtorching. I know Kilt said that nature would balance things out, but Kilt doesn't know the first thing about nature. He lives in a city and works in an airport for gods sake! No, the war is back on again.

Your Chakra and Karma are not in enlignment - you need to come and see me to get your Yin and Yang in balance. Murdering innocent creatures is going to affect your emotional balance and will reflect badly on your own well-being. Just look at my sig and give respect to all forms of life. We all have our place in the Circle of Life.

Peace and Love - Blessed Be! :)

Guest The Phoenix
Cheers for a good game today you certainly kept the banter flowing.

It was a pleasure to be in your company, young man.

Pity you had to leave, the banter was flowing from all quarters in the afternoon and at dinner.

Dazzle may have some grovelling to do when a certain Rangers Fan reads what he's been posting about his delightful girlfriend.

f**k sake. Kilt hasn't even finished posting yet and BullyWee1878 is in the thread.

Nae fear -

Fúck Off You Tedious Cúnt

He may get the message eventually - although his mental density means I may have to post that another 30 times before it sinks into his Neandtheral brain cells! ;)

Actually, that's an insult to the Neanderthals, who were extremely adept at using tools, fire and building techniques.....

Perhaps I could insult the Aoemebas - although that's hardly fair, as they were the building blocks of modern Sapiens.

No - he's just an ignorant, ill-educated throwback. Extermination is probably the best option! ;)