Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

As everyone who has replied to this has stated, it's far too young to even have a clue about what gay even is, never mind "coming out".

That's my problem with it.

Then exactly when are you "old enough" to have a clue about what "gay" is?

It's not like there's absolutely no courtship on any level between people before the age of 13/14. It exists, but just on a different level. It just so happens that this boy has the feelings that guys his age might have about girls, but towards other guys.

The real madness is that in this day and age, it is be a big issue to "come out" in general. With evidence increasingly associating homosexuality with genetics, the social stigma surrounding it is stuck in a bygone age where views were based on misconceptions about what makes someone "gay".

At the age of 9 he knows he is gay? Lets be honest here, does he f#ck know.

Agreed. And nor should he. Kids grow up far too quickly :( At the age of 9, little boys should be running around pulling girls' ponytails.

Guest The Phoenix
Enough of this talk poofter.

At the age of 9 he knows he is gay? Lets be honest here, does he f#ck know.

:lol:

Have Irn Bru

Calm Down

;)

Guest The Phoenix
If he doesn't know, what's the problem? :huh:

I was wrong and I'm trying like a bear to dig myself out of the hole I've dug.

The real madness is that in this day and age, it is be a big issue to "come out" in general. With evidence increasingly associating homosexuality with genetics, the social stigma surrounding it is stuck in a bygone age where views were based on misconceptions about what makes someone "gay".

Yes you were correct the first part of my post WAS sarcastic.

In response to your post there, it's not really that big an issue these days. This isn't the point in this case though! It is a big issue cos the wee boy has no idea what being gay is, he is too young to know and that's the bottom line! Yeah sure I see where you're coming from in the respect that he might express it in other ways, because I liked girls when I was his age which were innocent crushes. He might feel the same towards boys but how does he know what gay is? Is he being taught what it is?

GTID has a valid point too, most people in high school, boys and girls, that DO come out are just attention seeking. Obviously not all of them are but a lot do and just take the piss with the whole thing.

Edited by fraser_smfc

Pardon the pun, but what an arsey paragraph!

I was wrong and I'm trying like a bear to dig myself out of the hole I've dug.

No actually, I stand by what I said before. If this guy is aware of his sexuality, there should be no issue about him coming out. If he's not, it shouldn't have any impact on him, because as Reina says he'll carry on behaving like any other 9 year old, and as and when he has this sexuality epiphany ( :rolleyes: ) it's not like he can't then decide that he is or isn't gay.

Yes you were correct the first part of my post WAS sarcastic.

In response to your post there, it's not really that big an issue these days. This isn't the point in this case tho! It is a big issue cos the wee boy has no idea what being gay is, he is too young to know and that's the bottom line! Yeah sure I see where you're coming from in the respect that he might express it in other ways, because I liked girls when I was his age which were innocent crushes. He might feel the same towards boys but how does he know what gay is? Is he being taught what it is?

GTID has a valid point too, most people in high school, boys and girls, that DO come out are just attention seeking. Obviously not all of them are but a lot do and just take the piss with the whole thing.

Being "taught" what gay is!? You make it sound like there's some kind of pressure on him to be gay :rolleyes:

Being gay is just having the emotions of affection beyond friendship for people of the same gender. Is it really that big a deal that this boy might know he has an "innocent crush" on another boy?

Guest The Phoenix
Can anyone say they had serious feelings at age 9 though? Playing kiss chase or a peck behind the bikesheds doesn't count...

I remember playing Doctors and Nurses at that age.

Can't say I ever wanted to stroke the Doctor's stethoscope.

I must have been straight. :D

Edited by The Phoenix

Being gay is just having the emotions of affection beyond friendship for people of the same gender. Is it really that big a deal that this boy might know he has an "innocent crush" on another boy?

Look PC-Boy, nobody is saying there's anything wrong with being gay. It's just that in the case of a 9 year old boy, there is no way that he can fully understand what being gay is.

Being "taught" what gay is!? You make it sound like there's some kind of pressure on him to be gay :rolleyes:

It's in the curriculum now apparently.

And there's nothing wrong with a "crush" by no means, but there's a huge difference between a childhood crush and "coming out" to your parents at 9 years old.

Guest The Phoenix
I need to change £1000 for my holidays into Euro's but i don't know if i should hold off as the rate is rising just now or just change it in case the rate goes down.

Drop it round at mine and I'll do the worrying for you. :D

I need to change £1000 for my holidays into Euro's but i don't know if i should hold off as the rate is rising just now or just change it in case the rate goes down.

In £1000 there's probably not going to be much difference: even if the rate changes by 2-5 cents it's only €20-50 in it.

Guest The Phoenix
In £1000 there's probably not going to be much difference: even if the rate changes by 2-5 cents it's only €20-50 in it.

And 50 euro is "not much"? :unsure:

Twat.

Edit: You're far too polite Keith.

Edited by The Phoenix