Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix

One could ask the same question of you complaining about The Gray Ghost giving his opinion on the Britains Got Talent thread. See this thread? Its the petty nags thread. See The Gray Ghosts post? Its a petty nag. The Gray Ghost isn't sure why it bothers him, but it is irritating, hence its place in the petty nags thread.

You need a good shag.

One seriously petty thing that annoys the Gray Ghost at the moment (and apologies Kilt for it seems like The Gray Ghost is picking on you at the moment, but you're not alone in this!), is name dropping. When The Gray Ghost talks about people he knows on here, he mentions things like "a mate", or "TGGs housemate", or "a colleague" etc. etc. Most other posters also do this. If its a poster on here, then fair enough, they can get mentioned.

However, for some reason The Gray Ghost gets really annoyed by random name dropping. Just of the top of The Gray Ghosts head, the best recent examples are (sorry) Kilts constant talk about Evie, or his stories that talk about people, but then they get named like we're expected to know or care!

Surely The Gray Ghost isn't the only one who gets annoyed by this kind of namedropping?

I was just saying to Bono the other day how much I hate namedropping.

b*****d!

where the f**k's the headphones?

:lol:

One of your mates has *borrowed* them. Tomorrow he's gonna go up to the burd and say "sorry I borrad yer heedfones yesterday. there were nun left likes".

Two minutes later, he'll be beasting her in the nearest cupboard.

:lol:

One of your mates has *borrowed* them. Tomorrow he's gonna go up to the burd and say "sorry I borrad yer heedfones yesterday. there were nun left likes".

no, they've just disappeared

yeah, i am 16

So am I, but probably older than you. Either that, or I haven't gone through the phase of nicking burds' headphones yet :ph34r:

So am I, but probably older than you. Either that, or I haven't gone through the phase of nicking burds' headphones yet :ph34r:

Nah, you're just going through the 'begging money for a club you're not prepared to do the bare minimum for phase'.

;)

Nah, you're just going through the 'begging money for a club you're not prepared to do the bare minimum for phase'.

;)

:lol: Probably.

Although to be fair, I have paid £40 of my hard-earned cash. ;)

:lol: Probably.

Although to be fair, I have paid £40 of my hard-earned cash. ;)

Pfft, between admittance, programme, pies and coffee over two games I'm closing in on £40 to Stirling Albion.

Surely The Gray Ghost isn't the only one who gets annoyed by this kind of namedropping?

Apparently you are! :P

Who is Evie?
think it's someone Kilt likes or lives beside or it could be both

Both! ;)

As it happens, The Gray Ghost is not sure who she is, but she gets mentioned in every second Kilt post. <_<

I've just checked my last 5 pages of posts. She got a namecheck in just 4 posts out of 100, so that's once very 25 posts. You appear to be developing an obssession here - perhaps you're still miffed after our philosophical joust in the early hours of this morning over Paganism and respect for the planet! :P

You need a good shag.

:lol::lol:

b*****d! where the f**k's the headphones?

:lol::lol::lol: Quality.

yeah, i am 16

:o Ignore everything I said previously. You are my son's age. :(

I'd leave her be if I were you, there's plenty more fish in the sea, wait until you're older and more sure of your relationships, concentrate on your exams and getting a good qualification, think about higher education and university, there'll be plenty of time for meeting the opposite sex in the future, no need to ruin your life just now by getting tied down, women are bad for you, they can really mess with your mind, you're better off having a good game of football to burn your excess energy off, she'll only break your heart - best off out of it.......

:ph34r:

Oh and Evie, Evie, Evie, Evie, Evie, Evie, Evie, Evie, Evie, Evie, Evie, Evie, Evie, Evie, EVIE!!!!!

Just to really piss off TGG!

I'd leave her be if I were you, there's plenty more fish in the sea, wait until you're older and more sure of your relationships, concentrate on your exams and getting a good qualification, think about higher education and university, there'll be plenty of time for meeting the opposite sex in the future, no need to ruin your life just now by getting tied down, women are bad for you, they can really mess with your mind, you're better off having a good game of football to burn your excess energy off, she'll only break your heart - best off out of it.......

:ph34r:

Ah wheesht. Nothing's better for the confidence than ten minutes behind the bus stop.

I've just checked my last 5 pages of posts. She got a namecheck in just 4 posts out of 100, so that's once very 25 posts. You appear to be developing an obssession here - perhaps you're still miffed after our philosophical joust in the early hours of this morning over Paganism and respect for the planet!

Joust? It appears The Gray Ghost is in complete agreement with you, with the significant difference being that The Gray Ghost doesn't need to wrap himself up in religious mumbo jumbo to justify himself.

And thats the reason its a "petty" nag. It isn't just you, others do it too!

The real question is whether our ghosty chum isverging on sectarianism? Mumbo-jumbo isn't showing tolerance for the beliefs of others and he seems to be claiming that his viewpoints and beliefs are superior.

On the other hand, Kilt's religion is not a proper one like Kafflickness.

:)