Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

In my personal opinion Adam, I don't think reporting something you saw as being "a grass". It's not like you are reporting someone you know, you are merely helping to keep neds with guns off the streets of where your girlfriend and child live.

To be fair, around where we live, I doubt guns and knifes will ever be off the streets.

I've always found that if you don't go looking for trouble, it won't come to your door.

You do live in Tollcross then! Not Parkhead :P

I didn't hear anything last night, I was in bed for just before 11. Did you see anything, Toma?

Here is a question, if any posters on here witnessed something like that, would you step forward and contact the Police? I have to say, I doubt I would. If a child had died or something as a result of it, I probably would report what I had seen, but other than that, I don't think I would.

It's classed as Parkhead!

Anyway, they said the suspects ran towards Newbank Gardens, which just happens to be where I was looking after I heard the initial shots being fired. They asked for anyone who witnessed them running away to contact them as a matter of urgency.

I saw a group of 5 or 6 guys running, laughing and shouting, into a house. I don't know what I'm going to do yet. I'll probably wait and find out more from the nosey neighbours who were standing out in the street watching the whole thing.

I dunno, I think it'd be nice to even attempt to have one less gun off the street.

OK, but you take one gun off the streets, and you will have 10 of his gang with knifes looking for the grass. I don't see how that is looking out for your family's interests.

If I saw an innocent person being the victim of a crime I would report it immediately, but if it was blatantly just the dregs of society stabbing and shooting each other I wouldn't bother.

That's the thing. The people involved are all little arseholes. I know them, and really don't give two fucks about them. I wouldn't have been too bothered if something terrible had happened, but then again, these are the same wee arseholes who will jump someone they don't recognise for walking into their "territory".

The only reason nothing has happened to me is because I went to school with all their big brothers and sisters, and while I'm not friends with them, I'll still say hello if I walk past them. But it could very easily happen to one of my friends if they decided they'd come round one saturday night for a drink or something.

You could do it anonymously...

There isn't a chance you would be able to do that when it comes to something as serious as gun crime. If you wanted to make sure the guy was off the street, you would have to get up in court and give evidence against him.

Unless you were to go into Police protection, you would be a sitting duck for the rest of your life.

There isn't a chance you would be able to do that when it comes to something as serious as gun crime. If you wanted to make sure the guy was off the street, you would have to get up in court and give evidence against him.

Unless you were to go into Police protection, you would be a sitting duck for the rest of your life.

Really? Operation Trident in London benifitted massively from anonymous witnesses which led to quite a few convictions, but then this happened :(

Edited by Řehoř

Here is a question, if any posters on here witnessed something like that, would you step forward and contact the Police? I have to say, I doubt I would. If a child had died or something as a result of it, I probably would report what I had seen, but other than that, I don't think I would.

Not a fucking chance.

I don't fancy being called to give evidence in court then receiving a kneecapping as a result. I read enough accounts of folk receiving a bleaching for assisting the polis when I worked for CICA.

I'd keep my head down and my mouth shut.

8 year olds that decide it would be a good idea to paint a picture without asking then doing so in their bedroom without putting down any newspaper and then getting fucking paint all over the carpet :angry:

8 year olds that decide it would be a good idea to paint a picture without asking then doing so in their bedroom without putting down any newspaper and then getting fucking paint all over the carpet :angry:

Reminds me of the time my cousin discovered permanent markers at the tender age of 2. My aunt was raging for days after it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks like that then.

Another nag from me. Just spoke to my Mum. She has decided to sell her house. It's in a decent area in Glasgow, 3 bedrooms and really needs nothing doing to it.

She has managed to sell that, and buy a 2 bed flat in Cambuslang (which is a nice area, but not as nice as where they currently live) and even though she is almost mortgage free, has managed to have to take out a 5 figure loan to pay for the new place too.

What a stupid woman.

Guest The Phoenix
The BBc's fucking interactive digital service has fucked up, meaning I will now have to watch Murray for another half hour then miss the rest of it.

Honestly, they're utterly useless.

Surely they'll pick it up on one of their terrestials?