N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Who won their equivilent of the league?

The Stanley Cup is like winning the league.

There are two conferences, Western and Eastern, and the winner of each (through a playoff system consisting of 16 teams) face each other for a best of seven series to determine the league champions, but they are labelled as the Stanley Cup champions.

You can win divisions (Pacific, Northwest, etc.), but they aren't looked upon as huge things by the fans, because the Cup is really the big thing.

(Hope this answers your question... I'm a bit unsure.)

Bodreau and Ovechkin would have taken the trophies even if they hadn't made the playoffs. Easily. Bodreau turned that team around beyond anyone's expectations. I was in DC for the start of the season, and Caps fans really did not expect to finish well at all.

Ovechkin is a monster. It's unbelievable how good he is. Always a threat, never gives up. Easily the top player in the league. He was guaranteed two of the four, and I don't think anyone who voted for him for the other two was unaware of his talent until the playoffs.

Now stand back while I score an unbelievable goal. :lol:

You sure your a Shitey Fucks fan?

Theres a lot of Ovechkin loving coming from you

Oh and that goal is unreal B)

The Stanley Cup is like winning the league.

There are two conferences, Western and Eastern, and the winner of each (through a playoff system consisting of 16 teams) face each other for a best of seven series to determine the league champions, but they are labelled as the Stanley Cup champions.

You can win divisions (Pacific, Northwest, etc.), but they aren't looked upon as huge things by the fans, because the Cup is really the big thing.

(Hope this answers your question... I'm a bit unsure.)

Cheers Kyle that acutally makes sense to me :)

You sure your a Shitey Fucks fan?

Theres a lot of Ovechkin loving coming from you

Oh and that goal is unreal B)

I used to live in DC, so when I couldn't stay up to 10pm to catch the puck drop in Anaheim, I would watch the Caps games... I'm serious, Ovechkin is the most exciting player right now. It's unbelievable. I'm not going to lie. The Ducks have Parros, who is exciting to watch in a completely different way, and Selanne is the best player to ever skate for our team, but Ovechkin is just ridiculous.

And he is such a character! "I SWEAR GOD"

But seriously, why would I be a closet Caps fan? :lol:

And that goal is ridiculous. He had no right whatsoever to actually score that.

OVECHKIN LOVES GOALS AND HE DESERVES TO SCORE THEM.

Playoffs were so awesome when he played. Even when his team scores, and he is on the bench, he flips out and has the smile of a kid in a candy store. He just loves goals. All of them. :lol:

Cheers Kyle that acutally makes sense to me :)

Glad I got it. :)

Oh, do any of you play NHL 08 on the PS3? If any of you play online, we should get some games going.

I used to live in DC, so when I couldn't stay up to 10pm to catch the puck drop in Anaheim, I would watch the Caps games... I'm serious, Ovechkin is the most exciting player right now. It's unbelievable. I'm not going to lie. The Ducks have Parros, who is exciting to watch in a completely different way, and Selanne is the best player to ever skate for our team, but Ovechkin is just ridiculous.

And he is such a character! "I SWEAR GOD"

But seriously, why would I be a closet Caps fan? :lol:

OVECHKIN LOVES GOALS AND HE DESERVES TO SCORE THEM.

Playoffs were so awesome when he played. Even when his team scores, and he is on the bench, he flips out and has the smile of a kid in a candy store. He just loves goals. All of them. :lol:

Glad I got it. :)

Oh, do any of you play NHL 08 on the PS3? If any of you play online, we should get some games going.

You didn't have to jusitfy yourself!

I was just saying, your pretty pro-Ovechkin

I am not saying that I don't like Alex, nothing like that, I actually really like him, he is confident, has loads of flare and unlike your usual poofy frowards (excluding Iggy obviously B) ) he actually checks c***s, fights and done Cheli a beast at the Olympics (I think)

You didn't have to jusitfy yourself!

I was just saying, your pretty pro-Ovechkin

I am not saying that I don't like Alex, nothing like that, I actually really like him, he is confident, has loads of flare and unlike your usual poofy frowards (excluding Iggy obviously B) ) he actually checks c***s, fights and done Cheli a beast at the Olympics (I think)

I'll take any excuse to rave about Ovechkin. :lol:

He destroyed Chelios a while back (Chelios was skating with his head down), but there wasn't a fight. Fights in international hockey are rare because of the players that are carried on the squads, and I think it is an automatic suspension (or at least an ejection from the game).

I really wish Ovehckin would drop the gloves. It would be so awesome, and the game would become a complete brawl with the Caps trying to protect him.

I play NHL 2K8 on the PS3

I still play... 2K2 on the Dreamcast! 2K8 was a bit too arcade-y for me this year.

Edit:

Pens offer salary arbitration to Fleury

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=Ag9G...p&type=lgns

Edited by kyle*

Our first pick goes to Atlanta as part of the Hossa trade, and the rest as part of others. That's the way it goes, it's not as though we need much more youth anyway.

They desperatly need someone good, which is doubtful because will you's not be last or near enough last?

Blue Jackets got a cracking trade with Philly for R.J. Umberger and a a 4th round pick.

Jared Staal got drafted last night, so that's the four Staal brothers now in the NHL.

Edited by ZanettiQP

• 1 month later...