N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Gutted, yet proud.

There's no shame in winning your division, conference, and taking the Red Wings to 6 games even after being shut out the first two.

We'll be back.

Edited by ZanettiQP

Gutted, yet proud.

There's no shame in winning your division, conference, and taking the Red Wings to 6 games even after being shut out the first two.

We'll be back.

I think you will find that the mighty Habs won the Eastern conference ;)

Good play-off series aswell, congratulations Detroit and well done to the Pens for pushing them even from 2 games down.

Edited by Bluenose5

I think you will find that the mighty Habs won the Eastern conference ;)

Good play-off series aswell, congratulations Detroit and well done to the Pens for pushing them even from 2 games down.

Emm, no they didn't. :huh:

Edited by ZanettiQP

The better team won in the end

Detroit deserved it and are worthy champions

Also, fucking Sky Sports News ought to get their act together, they were telling the story of how the wings had won the SC, and said "Here is Nicklas Lidstrom, lifting the Stanley Cup"

When actually it was footage of fucking Henrik Zetterberg getting the Conn Smythe trophy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Edited by Mr. Brightside

Emm, no they didn't. :huh:

Eastern Conference - 2007-2008

Rank GP W L OT Pts

1 z - Montréal Canadiens 82 47 25 10 104

2 y - Pittsburgh Penguins 82 47 27 8 102

3 y - Washington Capitals 82 43 31 8 94

4 x - New Jersey Devils 82 46 29 7 99

5 x - New York Rangers 82 42 27 13 97

6 x - Philadelphia Flyers 82 42 29 11 95

7 x - Ottawa Senators 82 43 31 8 94

8 x - Boston Bruins 82 41 29 12 94

The Pens will not be back. And their bandwagon will thankfully die. (never seen a Pens top until this year. Can't wait for this to be over, because they are also some of the quietest, least passionate fans out there. They're absolutely dead unless they're ahead or close to being tied in a big game, and next year they are going to slowly decline to mediocre attendances if they are poor again.)

Fleury (who I feel really bad for) is going to be considered an upper-tier netminder, and going to want AT LEAST $6 million. Crosby's current contract expires in two years, and is going to be making around $9 million, and Malkin and Hossa are going to want the same, as they are premier players as well. That's not going to agree with the salary cap, and they are going to find a more balanced team. I think Hossa is gone.

Also, Penguins faced a shattered Philly with two huge D-men out, and the rather mediocre Rangers and Senators. There weren't a whole lot of teams I would have fancied the Pens over from the West. It was definitely the Western Conference's year.

I do like Orpik on the Pens. He really impressed me in the series, as did Malone. Seriously. He takes a puck to the face and skates the same game? NHL players aren't even paid during the playoffs. That's amazing.

I was pulling for the Red Wings, simply because Crosby is a diving punk, but now I'm back to hating both teams. It was a good series, though. And it was also the highest rated on ever here, which hopefully helps the sport out a bit. We need Bettman to get the !#%$ out of his role as commissioner, and maybe the sport will reach it's old quality.

Rank GP W L OT Pts

The Eastern Conference champions are the team that reaches the finals from the Eastern Conference. I mean, you can say "Regular Season Eastern Conference Champions," but no one really looks at them as the champions. And I don't think there is a trophy awarded for this. If you look at their Wiki page, the last time they were Eastern Conference Champions was 92/93, when they beat the Kings in the finals. I like the Habs for the this. :lol:

I'm so ready for next season! I'll hopefully be at The Pond for opening day.

Edited by kyle*

Rank GP W L OT Pts

All that is used to determine is playoff places...

The Pens will not be back. And their bandwagon will thankfully die. (never seen a Pens top until this year. Can't wait for this to be over, because they are also some of the quietest, least passionate fans out there. They're absolutely dead unless they're ahead or close to being tied in a big game, and next year they are going to slowly decline to mediocre attendances if they are poor again.)

Fleury (who I feel really bad for) is going to be considered an upper-tier netminder, and going to want AT LEAST $6 million. Crosby's current contract expires in two years, and is going to be making around $9 million, and Malkin and Hossa are going to want the same, as they are premier players as well. That's not going to agree with the salary cap, and they are going to find a more balanced team. I think Hossa is gone.

Also, Penguins faced a shattered Philly with two huge D-men out, and the rather mediocre Rangers and Senators. There weren't a whole lot of teams I would have fancied the Pens over from the West. It was definitely the Western Conference's year.

I do like Orpik on the Pens. He really impressed me in the series, as did Malone. Seriously. He takes a puck to the face and skates the same game? NHL players aren't even paid during the playoffs. That's amazing.

I was pulling for the Red Wings, simply because Crosby is a diving punk, but now I'm back to hating both teams. It was a good series, though. And it was also the highest rated on ever here, which hopefully helps the sport out a bit. We need Bettman to get the !#%$ out of his role as commissioner, and maybe the sport will reach it's old quality.

That is one of the most biiter things I've ever read!

Obviously there are a lot of people who have started following the Pens over the past few months, but the same happened with the Ducks, and the same will happen again when any team goes on a good run. I can remember watching the Pens when they finished bottom of the league overall, and they've come so far in such a short period of time.

How can you say they won't be back? The team will be pretty much the same next year, except one year older and with experience of reaching the Final. Crosby will be 21, Malkin 22 and Staal 20.

Re Crosby diving, I'd like to point out that it is bullshit, and he has almost totally cut it out of his game now. He used to do it a lot more. The way some people act, Sid could hit a shot from the red line and it'd go over the glass, yet it'd still count and he'd be credited with 4 assists.

Anyway, roll on next season. Go Penguins.

I'm so ready for next season! I'll hopefully be at The Pond for opening day.

Is that not what people said when Mario retired?

Crosby is on his way to the mighty Flames ;)

Along with Gonchar B)

Enzo is right, bitter bitter bitter.

The Rangers had just started a role when the Pens played them.

Philly are a great team regardless.

& the Sens are just pish as is the Spezz dispenser.

Everyone wishes they could have Sid in their team, don't even try to deny it!

As for the diving accusation, personally I can't agree.

Maybe you have forgot what people done to Sid in his second year?

Like hitting him in the face with the butt of their stick and all other sorts of illegal actions

Short memories eh?

Anyhoo

Mon the fucking Flames!

Iggy Iggy Iggy, Oi Oi Oi

Edited by Mr. Brightside

Is that not what people said when Mario retired?

Crosby is on his way to the mighty Flames ;)

Along with Gonchar B)

Enzo is right, bitter bitter bitter.

The Rangers had just started a role when the Pens played them.

Philly are a great team regardless.

& the Sens are just pish as is the Spezz dispenser.

Everyone wishes they could have Sid in their team, don't even try to deny it!

As for the diving accusation, personally I can't agree.

Maybe you have forgot what people done to Sid in his second year?

Like hitting him in the face with the butt of their stick and all other sorts of illegal actions

Short memories eh?

Anyhoo

Mon the fucking Flames!

Iggy Iggy Iggy, Oi Oi Oi

I don't care what anybody says, Sid is one of the best there is. 20 years old and he has already captained a team to a Stanley Cup final. He has the makings of one of the best ever.

And on getting to the final they took out two good teams, and one not so good team, but come on, The Sens had been tipped for the Cup from the start of the year. Admittedly they had a relatively poor season.

Anyway, when does the draft begin? Steve Stamkos is almost definitely a TBL player, they have basically said that they are taking him.

I don't care what anybody says, Sid is one of the best there is. 20 years old and he has already captained a team to a Stanley Cup final. He has the makings of one of the best ever.

And on getting to the final they took out two good teams, and one not so good team, but come on, The Sens had been tipped for the Cup from the start of the year. Admittedly they had a relatively poor season.

Anyway, when does the draft begin? Steve Stamkos is almost definitely a TBL player, they have basically said that they are taking him.

I totally agree with you on both points

According to the Flames site its on the 20-21 of June in Ottawa

Flames get a slightly better pick this year, having the 17th instead of the 24th

I think Ice Hockey is the most entertaining of the US sports. Glad the seasons starting :) should be an interesting one :)

Cmon the Thrashers :D

And Chris, Penguins were the worst team in the NHL last year, better not to go with the best team name ;);)

Two funny things about this post

The Thrashers bit for a start is hilarious to me :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh and look what a couple of years can do

Two funny things about this post

The Thrashers bit for a start is hilarious to me :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh and look what a couple of years can do

It really is amazing how much the Penguins have come on..

Ridiculous, actually.

From finishing bottom overall, to getting intp the cup final.

The first season I followed the Flames was when the got beat by the Lightning in the Final :(

03/04 that was, aye?

I watched a few games towards the end of that season, and thought 'I could really get into this...'

I chose Pittsburgh as my team, but there was of course no hockey the next season. :lol: