N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Anything bad happen to Avery?

You mean for spanking Sid in the face with his stick? No, unless I missed it, and the Rangers (who I have no time for) tried to turn it round on Crosby for making the most of the penalty at the end, which is utter bullshit IMO, and anyway it's karma for having Avery on your team and for him getting away with that earlier incident.

You mean for spanking Sid in the face with his stick? No, unless I missed it, and the Rangers (who I have no time for) tried to turn it round on Crosby for making the most of the penalty at the end, which is utter bullshit IMO, and anyway it's karma for having Avery on your team and for him getting away with that earlier incident.

That was disgraceful when he hit Sid. He knew exactly what he was doing, absolute w**ker.

I bet the series won't end without Jarkko Ruutu starting a fight with Avery. My bet is it'll be tonight.

I'm going to be in Michigan when the Red Wings are in the conference final hopefully! I looked up ticketmaster for game 7 v the Av's and it was easy to get a single ticket, I would go mental if I got a ticket to the conference final, especially against the Sharks.

I'm jealous. Very jealous indeed. I've never been to an NHL game. :( Just Scottish league games.

My team, The Ducks got battered by the Stars in the Play offs. I reckon the Penguins will go all the way now.

Question about the Scottish Leagues. What's going to happen to the teams where the local council are closing the Ice Rinks? I know Aberdeen are closing and Kirkcaldy might be closing.

My team, The Ducks got battered by the Stars in the Play offs. I reckon the Penguins will go all the way now.

Question about the Scottish Leagues. What's going to happen to the teams where the local council are closing the Ice Rinks? I know Aberdeen are closing and Kirkcaldy might be closing.

It's a real problem. There's no ice guarenteed after Christmas this year. :(

That was disgraceful when he hit Sid. He knew exactly what he was doing, absolute w**ker.

I bet the series won't end without Jarkko Ruutu starting a fight with Avery. My bet is it'll be tonight.

I'm jealous. Very jealous indeed. I've never been to an NHL game. :( Just Scottish league games.

It would be better if someone put him through the glass :D

Oh how I would laugh B)

Hal Gill went for him at the end of the game tonight. Gloves off, straight in there. B)

Great win for the Penguins, 2 up in the series and well on our way to the next round. Solid performace, Jordan Staal particularly impressed tonight, as did his brother in the Rangers shirt. Looking forward to Tuesday already.

Go Pens!

Hal Gill went for him at the end of the game tonight. Gloves off, straight in there. B)

Great win for the Penguins, 2 up in the series and well on our way to the next round. Solid performace, Jordan Staal particularly impressed tonight, as did his brother in the Rangers shirt. Looking forward to Tuesday already.

Go Pens!

Good :D

Go Pens!

Will that be the featured game on 5 tonight?

The nominees for the Hart Trophy (MVP) came out yesterday

Ovechjin (Washington) 112 points

Malkin (Pittsburgh) 106 points

Iginla (Calgary) 98 points

Hope Iggy gets it because the Western Conference is tougher but the Flames poor playoff run will probably have ended his hopes. IMO it'll probably be Ovechjin.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread seems to have died....

...but the finals start on Saturday!

Detroit Red Wings vs Pittsburgh Penguins!

I'm so happy to see this Penguins team doing SO well, considering how shit everything has been for the past few years in Pittsburgh.

LET'S GO PENGUINS!

Thread died again...

Game 1 of the final was on Saturday night and the Red Wings romped the Penguins sadly.

But all is not lost! I think it was just the kick up the arse they needed to go on and win the Stanley Cup.

Go Pens!