N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I could live to be 90, live a life much more interesting than the one I do, have ten kids and innumerable grandchildren, I could be on my deathbed and not remember a thing about it or them but be able to recall in excruciating detail the way I feel watching Cale Makar

Aye but it's no really fair on anyone else though, is it? 

On 27/04/2024 at 08:08, Spyro said:

It's actually looking worrying for Nylander, there's something really not right with him. It's disgusting hearing some Toronto fans shouting that "he's ok to go and buy ice cream with his mates but he can't play a game of hockey"! 

The guy is obviously not well and needs time off, or he would be playing. Hopefully they get papped out before they risk playing him when he isn't ready to play

22 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

This worked out well

Probably the only good point of that game, Willy for Captain. 

On 25/04/2024 at 04:34, Torpar said:

Brad Marchand is a wee rat p***k

On 25/04/2024 at 10:25, Miguel Sanchez said:

This all-timer came up in my suggestions today.

The best part is how funny all the girls find it.

On 28/04/2024 at 10:17, Miguel Sanchez said:

This worked out well

Inject all of this right into ma veins

I'm in California right now so the game is on at like 4pm local, which is annoying, but i might be able to sneak out early and see the Maple Leaves get bitchslapped once more :)

Pray for Torpar.

Keefe is a disaster, you would have thought by now they would have had someone competent beside him to handle interviews… and the team tbf!

You’d have thought by now he’d have been fired. Shanahan and Marner should be out the door with him.

Not a single Leafs defenseman would make the Avalanche.

The defence was really good. Benoit and McCabe were excellent. Happens before every playoffs that people look at the Leafs defence as the biggest issue and it’s always the forwards. They’ve only scored 3 or more goals in 1 out of their last 14 playoff games.

2 hours ago, miketheheadlesschicken said:

You’d have thought by now he’d have been fired. Shanahan and Marner should be out the door with him.

The defence was really good. Benoit and McCabe were excellent. Happens before every playoffs that people look at the Leafs defence as the biggest issue and it’s always the forwards. They’ve only scored 3 or more goals in 1 out of their last 14 playoff games.

I only watched game 7. Benoit was good and sacrificed the body enough. None of the rest of them seem able to pass or skate with the puck with any urgency. It's all just so... slow. 

A little disappointing but still playing in May was a bonus for me. Hoping the winner of the Vancouver-Edmonton series, wins it all.  

Sharks proving tanking really does work by getting the first overall draft pick in the lottery.  Macklin Celebrini come on down.