N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Same thing happened in that Avalanche/Devils game that always happens - we do alright for most of it, then the arse falls out. We've been hopeless since the all-star game, something needs to change.

Outdoor games started in 2003 with the Heritage Class between Montreal in Edmonton. The Winter Classic, an annual game on New Year's Day, began in 2008. The Heritage Classic has happened occasionally with other teams since then, and the Stadium Series is effectively a way to share those out to more teams since they only ever seem to give the Winter Classic to Chicago or Boston or Philadelphia or Pittsburgh. 

By all accounts actually watching the games in the stadiums is a bit shit, but you do get nice images from it like this:

Maple Leafs 3-2 Red Wings (Jan 1, 2014) Game Recap - ESPN

Very informative!

Aye visually it looks class but can't imagine being able to follow it well, the devils reddit was full of stories about folk puking on other people and getting thrown out, some laugh. 

I tried an NHL game on the VR (quest2) the other day, was really fun but definitely don't have space in my living room to realise my true potential.

24 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Very informative!

Aye visually it looks class but can't imagine being able to follow it well, the devils reddit was full of stories about folk puking on other people and getting thrown out, some laugh. 

I tried an NHL game on the VR (quest2) the other day, was really fun but definitely don't have space in my living room to realise my true potential.

Colorado's hosted two Stadium Series games. The last one was at an air force base and a guy died trying to get out. 

The best part about outdoor games are usually the alumni games the day before, where a bunch of former players for both teams "play" a game. The Colorado/Detroit game doesn't seem to be on youtube but it was much more entertaining and interesting than the actual game the next day

Just watched the highlights from the Rangers Islanders match from the Metlife yesterday. When I checked ticket availability last week it looked like the crowd was going to be crazy, but it looked almost full. It looked great, but it was bloody freezing.

Some comeback from the Rangers as well. Mental overtime finish to boot.

16 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Just watched the highlights from the Rangers Islanders match from the Metlife yesterday. When I checked ticket availability last week it looked like the crowd was going to be crazy, but it looked almost full. It looked great, but it was bloody freezing.

Some comeback from the Rangers as well. Mental overtime finish to boot.

You guys are on a crazy good run right now

Certainly gotta be confident for the playoffs.

I think Devils play you soon so for the first time in my life I can say I hope Rangers get pumped. 

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

I can't say but he has an enormous neck

Adam Ruzicka hockey player photo

He has a brass one for having his camera out for that nonsense! I get he has been a healthy scratch and was only brought in to fill a gap so won't play much, and he's young and minted, whatever... But put the fking camera away! 

21 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Check out Matt Rempe. Rookie has played about 4 games for NYR and had the gloves off three times already. He seems a great bunch of lads.

I read an article about him the other day. 

Think the fact the c***s a whole 6'7 probably helps out. 

Interesting to hear him say the game is more dangerous now than it was in the 90's because they have stopped the defenders being allowed to interfere as much. 

So now you have "humans missiles" getting a 200 foot run at your defence and you aren't even allowed to slow him down a bit coming into the zone. Rempe absolutely pasted the Toronto new guy to the boards TWICE and "hard man" (fraud) Reeves was on the ice both times and done nothing until the had a play flight later. 

20 hours ago, Spyro said:

Interesting to hear him say the game is more dangerous now than it was in the 90's because they have stopped the defenders being allowed to interfere as much. 

So now you have "humans missiles" getting a 200 foot run at your defence and you aren't even allowed to slow him down a bit coming into the zone. Rempe absolutely pasted the Toronto new guy to the boards TWICE and "hard man" (fraud) Reeves was on the ice both times and done nothing until the had a play flight later. 

Reeves offered him out earlier in the game, long before they actually fought 

20 hours ago, Spyro said:

6'8 and a half now.

He's grown a bit since his draft 😂

Nick Kyprios tells it well, he will know best on how to play that position/role. 

https://youtu.be/l0OujIQjniM?si=eTmLuRziOBd3HTKt

I read that as Nick Kyrgios and spend a good three minutes trying to figure what the hell you were talking about it.  

24 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Reeves offered him out earlier in the game, long before they actually fought 

Not when it mattered though, he was only in it for himself but was hiding when his team needed him. 

14 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I read that as Nick Kyrgios and spend a good three minutes trying to figure what the hell you were talking about it.  

I had to go back and check, I'm notorious at getting names wrong. Got rightly destroyed in another chat for writing Osgood was backup for the Sens, genuinely thought I typed Sogaard but my brain had other ideas... Wasn't even close! 😂