N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

When was the last time the two same teams made it to the Stanley Cup Final?

1983 + 1984 between the New York Islanders and the Edmonton Oilers, under similar circumstances too with the Isles having been one of the most dominant teams in the NHL for a few years (like Detroit now) and Edmonton being one of the up and coming teams (like Pittsburgh).

1983 + 1984 between the New York Islanders and the Edmonton Oilers, under similar circumstances too with the Isles having been one of the most dominant teams in the NHL for a few years (like Detroit now) and Edmonton being one of the up and coming teams (like Pittsburgh).

Thanks.

Would like to see the Pens win this one.

Do the finals start on Saturday?

They do indeed. Here's the full schedule:

Saturday, May 30 at Detroit

Sunday, May 31 at Detroit

Tuesday, June 2 at Pittsburgh

Thursday, June 4 at Pittsburgh

* Saturday, June 6 at Detroit

* Tuesday, June 9 at Pittsburgh

* Friday, June 12 at Detroit

* If necessary.

They do indeed. Here's the full schedule:

Saturday, May 30 at Detroit

Sunday, May 31 at Detroit

Tuesday, June 2 at Pittsburgh

Thursday, June 4 at Pittsburgh

* Saturday, June 6 at Detroit

* Tuesday, June 9 at Pittsburgh

* Friday, June 12 at Detroit

* If necessary.

Why are they playing two in a row?

And this will be the the first Stanley Cup final that I won't be tuning in for.

Not bitter at all, but it really is boring for most neutrals. Well, maybe not boring, but certainly a disappointing matchup. One team returning is bad enough...

I say Wings in five. And pretty much what I'm hoping for because I'm numbed out to the Wings winning. I do not want to have a Sidney Crosby lovefest. God.

Oh for... Guys this is what I was talking about...

:lol:

(Jonas Hiller is more hawt. And Zetterberg because he looks like Jake Gylenhaal. Okay, this post is gay enough. Let's move on to some MANLY HOCKEY.)

Edited by kyle*

Kronwall is such a bitch. Does that guy EVER hit anyone without jumping? If it weren't for the league's Detroit-bias, this guy would be victimized harder than Chris Pronger or Sean Avery.

I really hate how the NBC guys just let it slide, too. "He might have left his feet a little there..." No. He clearly fucking jumped. That's dangerous as hell and illegal. But... Ugh. I really hate him.

Edited by kyle*

I thought you weren't tuning in? :P

Anyway I thought not going ahead in that second period killed us last night. We really should've scored and it was a real blow when they did instead.

Still all to play for, keep the faith.

I thought you weren't tuning in? :P

Anyway I thought not going ahead in that second period killed us last night. We really should've scored and it was a real blow when they did instead.

Still all to play for, keep the faith.

I had the second period on just before I went out.

The thing that also surprised me is how fast Detroit looked. Everyone has been building up the young legs of Pittsburgh, but Detroit was flying. Also, I really hate the argument that Pittsburgh have gained so much experience and now are worthy opponents. The obvious flaw in that argument is that Detroit has also gained experience on top of an already veteran-heavy squad.

I'll be missing tonight's game, though. *shrug*