N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

To be honest Malkin probably could have been suspended, if not for 'instigating' the fight (which by the way I hate) but for using his stick as a weapon. I'm hardly going to complain though.

Anyway, we came back from 2-0 down against Washington, we can do it again.

To be honest Malkin probably could have been suspended, if not for 'instigating' the fight (which by the way I hate) but for using his stick as a weapon. I'm hardly going to complain though.

Even if you take away the issue of should he be suspended or not, it was not only a dumb move, but an embarrassing one the way Malkin "fought." But just as with Kronwall, if this were Pronger or Avery, there would be an immediate suspension. No question about it. Malkin missing game three is bad for the NHL, and I'm not going to put a tin-foil hat on and say that's the only reason he isn't being suspended, but it certainly is part of it.

Malkin probably wasn't trying to send a message, mainly because he is incapable of sending a message via his fists, but the fact that he is getting away with shedding frustration by going at players shows how the NHL is constantly fighting it's own hypocrisy.

Kronwall leaping into players: 0 games

Malkin going apeshit on the ice: 0 games

Avery said a dirty word: 6 games (Always the highlight of the NHL's stupidity.)

Anyway, I'll continue my trend of watching five minutes of each game (I'm tuning it at just the right time) and awarding someone bitch of the game. So far the series is tied.

Even if you take away the issue of should he be suspended or not, it was not only a dumb move, but an embarrassing one the way Malkin "fought." But just as with Kronwall, if this were Pronger or Avery, there would be an immediate suspension. No question about it. Malkin missing game three is bad for the NHL, and I'm not going to put a tin-foil hat on and say that's the only reason he isn't being suspended, but it certainly is part of it.

Malkin probably wasn't trying to send a message, mainly because he is incapable of sending a message via his fists, but the fact that he is getting away with shedding frustration by going at players shows how the NHL is constantly fighting it's own hypocrisy.

Kronwall leaping into players: 0 games

Malkin going apeshit on the ice: 0 games

Avery said a dirty word: 6 games (Always the highlight of the NHL's stupidity.)

Anyway, I'll continue my trend of watching five minutes of each game (I'm tuning it at just the right time) and awarding someone bitch of the game. So far the series is tied. :lol:

Too many penalties indeed but I think we gave up when it got to 3-0 to be honest and the score just seemed irrelevant so they just seem happy to whack the other team with sticks and whatever.

It was an awful period anyway.

Jesus. Two misconducts for Pittsburgh and none for Detroit? What the heck happened?

I didn't watch, just checked the score now... I wonder if this is one of the biggest blowouts in finals history.

Edit: lol, malkin crosscheck.

Edited by kyle*

So we essentially have a one of cup final in Detroit. Can. Not. Wait.

LET'S GO PENS, WIN THE CUP!

Really wanted to watch that last night in case it was won. I only made it to the end of the 1st before common sense kicked in. Pleased it went to game 7 for selfish reasons then.

Should be a tense and exciting game if Penguins keep the head.