N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

atdhe.net are listing the games just now. Not sure if they'll work but they did work for pre-season so maybe...

Last season I used that and checked the forums at hfboards.com (Team>GDT threads usually) before finally sharing the cost of a login at espn360.com for a few months.

Maybe so, but Markov could be out for up to 4 months, in which case I'd be very surprised if you were anywhere near the playoffs.

To say we will struggle to be anywhere near the playoffs is very steep. Although he is our most influential defenceman I still say we will be in the playoff picture or close to it.

To say we will struggle to be anywhere near the playoffs is very steep. Although he is our most influential defenceman I still say we will be in the playoff picture or close to it.

I really think he's that important. I saw how having an influential defenseman affected us when Gonchar was out, and I think that Montreal will seriously miss his points contribution and defensive qualities.

So I only managed 10 minutes of Toronto-Montreal before I fell asleep but what I seen I enjoyed.

The opening ceremony was a bit long and it took forever to read out the Toronto team and then the old greats.

The match though was as frentic and fast as I had expected which was good. The fight surprised me, I expected this to happen very infrequently and after a big hit or something, instead it just seemed like the two decided 'f**k it, lets just fight'.

My only problem was keeping track of the puck after shots or when it was at the camera side boards but I think I will make an effort to watch a full game when the next is on.

PS: Who won btw? I was wanting Montreal to win just because the opening ceremony annoyed me so much

I really think he's that important. I saw how having an influential defenseman affected us when Gonchar was out, and I think that Montreal will seriously miss his points contribution and defensive qualities.

Of course he is a very important player but teams dont get to playoffs on the back of just one player, it will affect us like it would affect any other team but to say just because he is out for 4 months then we wont get nowhere near the players is very steep. He was our best players last season but that didnt make us do anything in the playoffs since everyone around him wasnt performing, its a team game. By the way nice win for you guys last night, all the best for the season.

The match though was as frentic and fast as I had expected which was good. The fight surprised me, I expected this to happen very infrequently and after a big hit or something, instead it just seemed like the two decided 'f**k it, lets just fight'.

My only problem was keeping track of the puck after shots or when it was at the camera side boards but I think I will make an effort to watch a full game when the next is on.

PS: Who won btw? I was wanting Montreal to win just because the opening ceremony annoyed me so much

That was Laraque who is Montreals enforcer, bit of a brute. Montreal won in OT by the way :) so bring on Buffalo tonight.

Edited by Bluenose5