N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

:)

Well done, I did say it was going to be a hard game, especially as you guys looking for your first win to kickstart your season. All the best for the rest of the season. We really need to get our act into gear after past 2 games.

The Sharks - after some serious overhaul in the off season, have started slowly. There are obvious gaps in the 3rd and 4th line defences, but, as expected, the Devin Setoguchi/Joe Thornton/Dany Heatley line is putting up ridiculous numbers.

The Sharks will probably make a trade for a defender sooner rather than later.

Watched a re-run of the Devils game after turning my back on the live game the other night! 2-3 down and equalised with 0.3 of a second left at Tampa Bay. Went to review it was that close. Won in the shoot-out so avoided the 3 defeats in a row.

Their guy Malone (#12) likes hitting the keepers! Even shoved Devils Langenbrunner into his own gk as he skated in with a scoring chance. Almost took his head off and lucky not to have a serious neck injury. His mask came off in the impact and he had a cut to his face. One of those sudden quiet moments around the stands but he was fine to play on after a few minutes.

970-881Devils_Lightning_Hockey.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate.156.jpg

Another win last night, 5-2 in Toronto. Always nice beating the Leafs since, to be honest, I hate them. :)

5 points for Malkin and Crosby last night, and Staal had a great game too. I really like the look of playing Malkin and Staal together, it's working well for both of them.

No idea what to think of teh Leafs right now, they need to get a bit of confidence, but they just don't look good. What a shame.

Go Pens. :D

Edited by Zanetti

Had Franzen in my fantasy team, he got laid out until Feb.

Got Sedin in there as well, now he has gone down :angry:

-------------------

As for the Flames, got the Blackhawks tomorrow & time to get back on track. Need to stop giving up early leads, it is killing us trying to come from 2 goals down.