N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

We need to get a win tonight against the Maple Leafs especially as its at the Bell Centre after two losses on the road to the Pens and Chicago.

We haven't had a home game in ages. Had a three game trip to the west along with Buffalo last night, and now Montreal.

I might actually watch this one tonight.

C'mon the Leafs!

Great ending to the game between Toronto and Montreal. First game I've watched all season.

First period was pish to say the least, 0-0. Into the 2nd the Leafs took the lead through a Powerplay, fell behind 3-1 and then scored on another PP to make it 3-2.

Into the final period Montreal go up 4-2. With under 5 minutes to go Ponikarovsky scores to make it 4-3, and with 54 seconds remaining Tomas Kaberle makes it 4-4. Kaberle was excellent, 1 goal and assisted the other three.

No goals in overtime, and Montreal won the shootout 2-0.

Main thing is we earned a tough point. 1-7-4 now.

:lol: The guy on CBC was talking about how Iginla keeps staying in the corner, and he said, "yeah you're never going to score from the corner are you?"

And the other guy said "well no, unless you're playing the Maple Leafs."

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

I forgot to mention how horrific and ugly Montreal's shirt is this season. It's their centenary year and they have managed to pick the ugliest top available to celebrate it. I'm actually glad I picked the Leafs over the Habs now :lol:

Three overtime defeats in a row, after losing a heap of games. This time next week, we will be winning all our games ;)

I wish we could play Anaheim every week :(

We haven't had a home game in ages. Had a three game trip to the west along with Buffalo last night, and now Montreal.

Yeah teams always go on road trips during the season. We went on like a 5 game road trip to start the season off with.

We tried hard to throw that game away last night but a wins a win :) As for the jersey we played in last night its just a vintage jersey used obviously to celebate our centenary year, its not like we play in it every seson or every game.

As for the leafs now 1-7-4 makes me glad im a Habs fan :P

Yeah teams always go on road trips during the season. We went on like a 5 game road trip to start the season off with.

We tried hard to throw that game away last night but a wins a win :) As for the jersey we played in last night its just a vintage jersey used obviously to celebate our centenary year, its not like we play in it every seson or every game.

As for the leafs now 1-7-4 makes me glad im a Habs fan :P

I have liked the other tops the Habs have worn, especially the mainly red one. The jersey last night was pretty ugly though.

Toronto weren't great last night, but did brilliantly to make it 4-4. Big news for the Leafs as highly rated Phil Kessel is set to make his comeback against Tampa Bay on Tuesday. Hopefully we will have doubled our wins tally this time next week.

I have liked the other tops the Habs have worn, especially the mainly red one. The jersey last night was pretty ugly though.

Toronto weren't great last night, but did brilliantly to make it 4-4. Big news for the Leafs as highly rated Phil Kessel is set to make his comeback against Tampa Bay on Tuesday. Hopefully we will have doubled our wins tally this time next week.

Understatement!

Canucks shut out the Avs yesterday 3-0, pretty nice. I'm happy to be plodding along around the playoff mark for now until things pick up on the injury front.

See Peter Forsberg is returning for Sweden in the 'Karjala Cup' whatever that is. It would be amazing to see him back for the Olympics, can't see it happening though.

The Leafs are still 30th, a point behind Carolina and three points behind Florida.

We have a home match against Tampa Bay tonight. Our form has improved, we haven't suffered a three period loss in four matches (yey!). Before that we were on a 7 game losing streak without any OT.

Let's go for 29th!

Well, another point is another point for the Leafs, but the highlight of the night was Kessel's return being greeted in appropriate fashion by Canucks legend Mattias Ohlund,

(by the way I do quite like Kessel, but he's a Leaf now).

Anyway, Canucks won 4-1 at home to the Rangers, with Willie Mitchell and Henrik Sedin both picking up potential injuries. Really getting ridiculous now, but we're still managing to get by quite well at 9-7 now.