N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

NYR away is the worst possible game from you right now.

You'll get pumped.

That makes me feel so much better <_<

After 10 minutes, Leafs are already down 2-0 and Colton Orr, whoever he is, appears to have been involved in his second fight in two games.

This is going to be a great season...

Devils on a streak now. 2 home defeats followed by three away wins with two of them in shoot-outs. Wee bit of character to force OT in those games. Looking a bit better but opposition no great shakes in those three.

Chicago 5-4 up on Calgary in the 2nd. No defenders? Talking of no defenders, the Leafs blown away again. 7-2 :lol:

People actually like The Leafs?

I spent 3 weeks in Canada in summer there surrounded by fans of Montreal, and had it drummed into me good and proper that everyone hated them and they are a nasty, corporate sell out of a club.

I just liked them because a while back I got NHL 2004 for the PS2, and had only heard of the Leafs and Montreal. I played as the Leafs, and unfortunately they are now my team :(

Anyway, teams who usually do pish end up doing brilliant about 3 years later, so I'll stick through it :P

Leafs were hammered 7-2 last night, conceded four goals in the final period.

I spent 3 weeks in Canada in summer there surrounded by fans of Montreal, and had it drummed into me good and proper that everyone hated them and they are a nasty, corporate sell out of a club.

Correct.

Anyway, teams who usually do pish end up doing brilliant about 3 years later, so I'll stick through it :P

Good luck. You've given Boston your 1st and 2nd round draft picks next year and 1st round pick in 2011. The way things are going those are going to be some pretty good picks, really is a hell of a lot of pressure on Kessel when he comes back, but the Leafs could already be pretty far adrift by then. I've seen a bit of them this season and they look utterly hopeless. Sorry. :D

Oh and Flames :lol::P

Good luck. You've given Boston your 1st and 2nd round draft picks next year and 1st round pick in 2011. The way things are going those are going to be some pretty good picks, really is a hell of a lot of pressure on Kessel when he comes back, but the Leafs could already be pretty far adrift by then. I've seen a bit of them this season and they look utterly hopeless. Sorry. :D

Oh and Flames :lol::P

Oh ffs. That's our chances of winning the Stanley Cup in 2012 gone then.

I wish I had heard of more than two teams when I got NHL 2004 :lol:

That sounds about right for Montreal. They have a massive fan-base, as do all of the Canadian teams including the Leafs. They're just not the trendiest pick right now as they've missed the playoffs for a few years.

The Leafs are one of my least favorite teams right now with the whole Brian Burke thing. Especially the way he left everyone here in Anaheim. If Kessel flops, I'm going to laugh for years.

Another loss for us last night, thats a 4 game losing streak we are on now :( Habs really have to pick up momentum very soon starting with Ottawa next. The Pacific division seems like its going to be a very close battle, Kings for the playoffs anyone?