N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Well, another point is another point for the Leafs, but the highlight of the night was Kessel's return being greeted in appropriate fashion by Canucks legend Mattias Ohlund,
(by the way I do quite like Kessel, but he's a Leaf now).

Must say that was an excellent hit after some good skill from Kessel.

That's four overtime defeats in a row now after the 2-1 defeat against Tampa Bay. 1-7-5 record now, next up are the struggling Carolina Hurricanes on Friday. What game that will be, the two worst sides in the NHL <_<

Must say that was an excellent hit after some good skill from Kessel.

That's four overtime defeats in a row now after the 2-1 defeat against Tampa Bay. 1-7-5 record now, next up are the struggling Carolina Hurricanes on Friday. What game that will be, the two worst sides in the NHL <_<

Canes have won twice as many games as Leafs so must be favourites. :lol:

Leafs to edge it in shoot-out shocker!

Canes have won twice as many games as Leafs so must be favourites. :lol:

Leafs to edge it in shoot-out shocker!

Leafs to win in overtime? What have you been taking?

The only real upside the Leafs can take is that past five matches have been 1-0-4, so we haven't "properly lost" in a while :lol: (I've jinxed it now :ph34r: ) The other upside is - we are now joint 29th at the moment!

If I can be arsed staying up I'll probably watch it, I want to see Kessel in action, and I also want to watch what will probably be the worst game the NHl has ever seen.

Leafs recover in the second to tie it at 2-2. OT and shoot-out edging closer?

Patrick Elias back for Devils tonight and cheered on during his first shift and within seconds his first touch sent the defence the wrong way and he flashed a shot just wide. Also looked excellent on a pp with slick passes. Welcome back! A touch of class amongst our grinders.

I'm still shocked that the Devils rifled in a couple of goals from near the blue line tonight so far. 2-1 up at end of the 2nd after falling behind to Islanders in the 1st.

Edit - Games are finished. Devils secure their 10th win in 12. Danis in goal looks steady again.

Leafs score more goals than the other team. :o

Edited by RWB

Leafs won 3-2 :D

Gustavsson was excellent in goal tonight, made some brilliant saves. Winner was another powerplay goal, Toronto are doing brilliant in this area of the game so far.

2-7-5, we've doubled our wins tally, and we can now rightfully claim 29th as ours!

The Leafs push to overtake Minnesota for 28th will continue tonight as we are home to Detroit.

And I might as well do this before we're back in 30th - Carolina Hurricanes :lol:

I love watching NHL but dont get most of the rules.

Anyway Maple Leafs are my team, seen you saying the won the other night.

Going to watch the game the night but just wondering are they any good?

I love watching NHL but dont get most of the rules.

Anyway Maple Leafs are my team, seen you saying the won the other night.

Going to watch the game the night but just wondering are they any good?

We had a horrific start to the season. Won 0, lost 7, 1 Overtime loss = 1 point.

Since then, we've won 2, and lost 4 in overtime, with no proper defeats.

Make that three wins, an excellent performance against Detroit as we humped them 5-1 on the Hall of Fame night. Gustavsson was outstanding in net again, 35 saves. Wayne Primeau and Phil Kessel get their first goals for the Leafs, Colton Orr his first point, and Jeff Finger gets his first goal of the season.

3-7-5 now, that's us temporarily 28th, but Minnesota are up 3-2 at the end of the 2nd period against Dallas.

We've picked up at least a point in each of our last 7 games, 10 from 14. Big game on Tuesday home to Minnesota.

Leafs will make the playoffs this year ;)