The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Cellino is making the same mistake that most Scottish football fans apparently do ie thinking that Sky, and BT too, actually give a f**k about football. Selling advertising and packages is all that counts and using football is the current way to do it. If elephant polo brought about the same viewing figures then we'd have wall to wall elephant polo. He's wasting his time whinging and trying to make a point. His real gripe should be with his footballing colleagues that sold the games soul for the broadcasters money.

Each home side apparently gets an extra £100k in compensation for lost gate receipts each time a home game is televised. Surely that would cover any fall in gate receipts?

You would think so eh? But 5,000 off the gate at say Ave £25 a ticket (it's probably more at Leeds) plus catering, merchandising, programmes etc, still leaves them with a shortfall of £30-40k on just one game. Not many Championship clubs would be happy to take that hit 3-4 times a year?

Each home side apparently gets an extra £100k in compensation for lost gate receipts each time a home game is televised. Surely that would cover any fall in gate receipts?

Price at Leeds is extortionate. Five extra fans would probably cover the cost.

I was there last season and I'm sure my ticket was only £22. Quite reasonable if we're comparing it to our prices.

Struggle to believe that. I went to a game a few months ago on a whim and asked for the cheapest ticket available, it was at least £30.

Not sure what stand we sat in, one behind the goal with away fans in the stand to the left. Ended up buying a scarf, the ticket and top with Sloth 33(f**k knows why) and I'm sure it came to about £72.

Except their average attendance at televised home games this season is higher than at non-televised games.

Higher profile games are more likely to be televised and also more likely to have higher crowds. It's not a fair comparison to come to that conclusion.

What was Darren O'Dea like when he played for Leeds? I remember him for Celtic, seemed ok but nothing fantastic. What about at Leeds?

He's on the verge of signing for Dundee.

One of the worst players i think weve ever had