The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Guest Ian Duff
I'll be watching on the telly. We are Leeds!

The police will be loving the Leeds v Millwall play-offs. Think of all the overtime they'll get.

Didnt realise u were a leeds fan too. I was thinking about going down to the Elland Road game, but i have an assessment at uni that day! :o:(

MARCHING ON TOGETHER!!!

The book and the film are UTTER CRAP and in my view the film should never have been made.

Having been a Leeds supporter all my days i remember these times and the what the guy wrote in the book is utter fiction.

Johnny Giles took him to court and won that says it all.

Dont buy the book or go and see the film.

the book is a work of fiction but it states that, but it is based on actual events, Clough was manager of Leeds for 44 days, the book is about what's going on in Cloughs head & seeing has it was written after the death of Clough it can be nothing but fiction.

Have you read Bremner! The Legend of Billy Bremner by Bernard Bale? I think you'd reassess your "UTTER CRAP" bit, Clough (obviously) only gets 3 pages mention in it but it reveals enough on those 3 pages.

Anyway the film is about the Clough & Taylor marriage & the way I saw the film was that the 44 days at Leeds was akin to Clough having an affair behind Taylors back & that when Taylor finally forgives Clough for having done the dirty (no pun intended) that they get back together bigger & better than ever & history backs up that fact 2 European Cups on the trot.

So I still recommend everyone with an interest in Footy go watch it but I don't recommend the book.

On another Leeds matter...

How come Giles couldn't fit in with the red team from Salford but was brilliant for Leeds?

Grim

The film is called the damned united which is about cloughs 44 days in charge at Leeds it has nothing to do with Taylor.

The book is just pure fiction based on a pile of rumours from ER.

If manny cousins had listened to Don then none of this would have happened as Giles would have been the next manager.

As to why giles didnt make it with the scum i dont care, he was great for leeds along with bobby collins and then billy bremner.

The film is called the damned united which is about cloughs 44 days in charge at Leeds it has nothing to do with Taylor.

The book is just pure fiction based on a pile of rumours from ER.

If manny cousins had listened to Don then none of this would have happened as Giles would have been the next manager.

As to why giles didnt make it with the scum i dont care, he was great for leeds along with bobby collins and then billy bremner.

How can you call a film "Utter Crap" when it's obvious you haven't seen it? Timothy Spall plays Taylor in the film. The film like the book (which I assume you haven't read either) is about Cloughs 44 Days at leeds (as I said originally) but each day also as a flashback to an early day when Clough & Taylor were together at the clubs before he got to Leeds.

Have you just made your mind up about book & film on what you've been told & not bothered to find out for yourself?

Grim

The offical site is saying thursdays nights game is a sell-out:-

A crowd of over 37,000 will be in attendance at Leeds United's Play-Off semi-final second leg with Millwall on Thursday 14th May 2009.

All general admission tickets have now been sold with a limited number still available as part of corporate packages. For details and availability of these packages please call 0871 334 2007.

The anticipated crowd is considerably reduced from the stadium's capacity of 39,401 due to the limit of 1,000 visiting fans and seats removed as segregation inside the stadium

Guest Paolo Di Canio

Can handle that. Millwall are shite and considering the Whites home record, its nothing to worry about