The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

It's obvious why you asked the question. You were attempting a tactic often employed by Old Firm fans. I think you know the one I'm talking about.

Again, I think the bloke who attacked the keeper deserves the punishment he will get, I have never and would never try to defend his behaviour. I have no idea what tactic you're talking about, if Old Firm fans are willing to condemn bad behaviour amongst their fans without reservation then I'm guilty as charged.

You mentioned earlier that you weren't aware of the Clint Hill incident at SWFC, you are now. What is your opinion of SWFC as a club & their fans? (I have no axe to grind with SWFC by the way).

I ask this question & the initial one because I suspect it says more about you than me.

I've never been a great Leeds lover after watching them at close hand in derbies with Bradford City in the 1980's. Setting fire to a chip van at Odsal Stadium less than 18 months after the fire disaster was pretty sickening. A year later I saw them wreck Valley Parade and surrounding areas and cause utter mayhem to innocent bystanders at Bradford Interchange Stadium. It's only a minority give the rest a bad name.

But what a pleb that kid was tonight. Yes, the home side are responsible for security but if somebody makes a run for a target 15-20 yards away it's hard to stop it. Make an example of him and jail for 5 years or so and make a stand against especially if he has form for it.

The social media lynch mob are out in force posting his number (or at least what is allegedly his number) around twitter.

What the guy did was disgraceful, but as ever things have got out of hand. No doubt the same people going off about him assaulting Kirkland and how bad that was are now giving him death threats.

Edited by Michael W

You mentioned earlier that you weren't aware of the Clint Hill incident at SWFC, you are now. What is your opinion of SWFC as a club & their fans? (I have no axe to grind with SWFC by the way).

I haven't seen the incident. I haven't read anything about the incident. Therefore I'm not going to pass judgment on the incident.

What I have seen is Leeds fan acting like the disgusting, vile scumbags that all decent football fans know they are.

I've never been a great Leeds lover after watching them at close hand in derbies with Bradford City in the 1980's. Setting fire to a chip van at Odsal Stadium less than 18 months after the fire disaster was pretty sickening. A year later I saw them wreck Valley Parade and surrounding areas and cause utter mayhem to innocent bystanders at Bradford Interchange Stadium. It's only a minority give the rest a bad name.

But what a pleb that kid was tonight. Yes, the home side are responsible for security but if somebody makes a run for a target 15-20 yards away it's hard to stop it. Make an example of him and jail for 5 years or so and make a stand against especially if he has form for it.

I watched LUFC home and away during the 80's,no doubt in my mind at least that Odsal was nothing short of a full scale riot, it was the first game LUFC suspended the club member away ticket only policy.

I don't remember Leeds wrecking Valley Parade during that period although I didn't attend the West Riding Cup Games, which game did Leeds fans wreck Valley Parade? Do you have a link to the episode? To be fair I remember disorder at pretty much every LUFC / BCFC match during the 80's but not the wrecking of Valley Parade.

You mention the Bradford Interchange Stadium, I've never heard of it. Who plays there and where is it? I always associated Bradford Interchange with the train station / bus terminal.

Well why don't you take a look at the incident I mentioned earlier & post your opinion.

I have absolutely no intention of hunting down this incident. If you're so disparate for me to condemn this alleged incident feel free to post a link.