The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Saw that as well.

Was waiting till the june 14th date to renew my season ticket but may have to look at it again if no debit card payments allowed.

Saying that the winding up order is june the 9th so may be back up and running by then.

Also Cellino may pay off the £957000 bill due to Haigh by then.

It's tough for those that don't live close to pay by cash, the Zebra finance deal is a good one and I've used them before without a problem.

The whole winding up order seems a bag of snakes to me & complicated at the moment by Haigh being in the clink in the middle east.

Saw that as well.

Was waiting till the june 14th date to renew my season ticket but may have to look at it again if no debit card payments allowed.

Saying that the winding up order is june the 9th so may be back up and running by then.

Also Cellino may pay off the £957000 bill due to Haigh by then.

Haigh can f**k off

Haigh is only wanting back what money he gave the club as a loan, so the sooner Cellino pays up then the better.

That means Haigh can rot in a jail in dubai.

Cellino should give in instalments, just like GFH were doing

The number of competitive games (Division One, FA Cup, League Cup, European Cup, ECWC, UEFA Cup) that Sprake, Reaney, Cooper, Bremner, Charlton, Hunter, Lorimer, Clarke, Jones, Giles and Gray started was indeed, just ONE.

Mansfield Town at home, Feb 7th 1970 (2-0 win).

Due to the winding up order the playing staff havent been paid:-

LEEDS UNITED have said that the club’s players are likely to receive late payment of their monthly wages next week, while confirming that full-time staff have been paid this morning.

The club have addressed the issue in a brief statement with their monthly wage bill having been due today.

A club spokeperson said: “General full-time staff at the club have been paid. FA rules prohibit the payment of players’ wages including scholars, from a personal bank account.

“We are making to strides to unfreeze the club’s bank account, before the winding-up petition is heard on June 9.

“We are confident that the winding-up petition against the club will be successfully challenged before June 9.

“Our bank account is in a very healthy position.”

Earlier in the thread a few of us were scratching our heads on the back of club losses, a couple of Adam Pope's recent tweets might shine a bit of light on that.

https://twitter.com/APOPEY

The UK's Action Fraud confirm they have received a report of allegations of fraud & embezzlement made against ex #lufc MD David Haigh.

#lufc David Haigh remains under arrest in Dubai, without charge, on allegations by GFH Capital of fraud & embezzlement of almost £4m.

For me the finances have never added up since admin in 2007, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out the clubs been skimmed for years.

It's hard to separate the facts from spin from memory it seems to have gone like this, so many parties / individuals with their own agendas.

Cellino metions in WLR interivew that Bates & Haigh are working together, Moscow White's piece you posted above seems to support that.

Cellino sacks Haigh and reports Haigh to West Yorkshire Police for fraud, Haigh then claims that drugs were consumed in the Elland Road Boadroom.

Somewhere in this SC & Haigh issue a winding up order on the club.

Cellino calls in foresenic accountants to investigate the clubs finances.

Haigh says on twitter that he intends to do a series of interviews whcih will blow the lid on the Leeds story.

Haigh is offered a job by GFH and is arrested for fraud, money laundering and embezzlement when he lands in Dubai.

Latest tweets from Adam Pope claim the amount in question is £4 million, and the national fraud Burea have reffered the case to WYP.

Seems clear to me Cellino suspects foul play & has reported David Haigh to WYP for fraud, I suspect there is more to this than meets the eye. It would have been interesting to hear Haigh's side of the story but I suspect that's never going to happen now.

Edited by repeat_offender

What gets me is why would Haigh run back to dubai when GFH ofered him a job.

I just dont get that at all, why would you walk back into a firm that you were sacked from i know i couldnt and wouldnt do it.

The square ball link into who owns what doesnt help either.

What gets me is why would Haigh run back to dubai when GFH ofered him a job.

I just dont get that at all, why would you walk back into a firm that you were sacked from i know i couldnt and wouldnt do it.

The square ball link into who owns what doesnt help either.

Agreed, makes no sense to me either.

Innocent or just naive, can't make my mind up which.