The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Paddy Kenny has been told to leave because he's come back obese, not because of his birthday

I suspect the terms of his contract has a lot to do with it, rumour is he's one on a decent contract.

Re the pre season footage of PK, don't know for sure but wasn't it established the video footage recorded had been distorted?

I suspect the terms of his contract has a lot to do with it, rumour is he's one on a decent contract.

Re the pre season footage of PK, don't know for sure but wasn't it established the video footage recorded had been distorted?

He's one of the clubs top earners, his lover Colin was always going to give him a big wage.

Seemed a funny situation at the tail end of last season with Butland coming in and taking the number 1 shirt. Was Paddy Kenny injured throughout that whole period?

At the start he was, no idea about at the end of the season. He's past it now and should be sold to save up some wage.

Paddy was injured between xmas and new year last season, by the time he got fit again Butland had joined and Mcd didnt bring back Paddy as there seemed to have been a fall out between the as Cairns sat on the bench.

Seems Cellino is trying to off load all the players who have a year left on their contracts with Paddy and Warnock being the next two to go.

Ross has signed for Fulham for £11m going by reports but Fulham website says an undisclosed fee:-

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/july/08/whites-seal-mccormack-deal?utm_source=hoot&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=AW

Well done Cellino on getting that much for an average player.

Also Cardiff get 15% of the fee as they had a clause in the deal when we signed him.

It's weird to think that GFH were considering a £2 million bid from Boro in January...

Wrong.

Its was August last year that the boro bid for Ross came in.

See how his value has gone up in the season just because he scored 28 goals in the championship.

From the YEP:-

Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino has defended the sale of Ross McCormack to Fulham, saying he was “disrespected” by the Scotland international and forced into a deal.

McCormack left Leeds for Craven Cottage this morning after Cellino agreed a multi-million pound deal for the 27-year-old late last night.

The sale of United’s club captain - a transfer which is understood to have cost Fulham around £11m - went through less than two weeks after Cellino vowed to keep the striker at Elland Road, saying his future was a “matter of principle not money.”

McCormack, who scored 29 goals for Leeds last season, had three years left on his contract with United but his departure was widely expected after he submitted a transfer request and missed the club’s pre-season tour to Italy.

Cellino - the Italian businessman who bought Leeds in April - told the YEP that McCormack had been absent from United’s tour without permission, despite recent claims that the forward was given additional time off for stress-related reasons.

Cellino said: “I like to be in control of situations but it felt like he wasn’t my player. I was disrespected, he was aggressive with me.

“He didn’t turn up for the tour and all the time he wanted to go from here. It wasn’t in my mind to sell McCormack, it wasn’t my plan, but I had no choice.

“He’s a bloody good player and I’m not going to pretend that he isn’t but he didn’t respect me and it wasn’t possible to keep him.”

McCormack, who has signed a four year deal with Fulham, is yet to speak at length about his departure but was quoted on Twitter as saying that Leeds were “no longer the Leeds United I fell in love with.”

The club has undergone major internal change since Cellino completed his buy-out of United on April 7.

Asked if the money raised through the sale of McCormack would be reinvested in the squad, Cellino said: “The players we’re going to buy, we were buying anyway. So we need another forward now.

“We needed a team, not just one or two players like we had last season, and we’ll sign the same people because it wasn’t the plan to sell McCormack and use the money for transfers. In my head he was staying but things happen.”

Cellino revealed that Leeds have completed the signing of goalkeeper Marco Silvestri on a four-year deal from Chievo and finalised the arrival of midfielder Tommaso Bianchi, a former Italian Under-21 international who is joining from Sassuolo on a three-year deal.

Cellino also confirmed that he is in talks with Swiss-born centre-back Jonathan Rossini, another Sassuolo player.

You're not taking this very well.

Looking at the players left at Leeds, they'll do well to avoid being in a relegation battle this season.

Fulham and McCormack meanwhile will probably be looking at the play-offs at the very least.

Announced in the YEP:-

Leeds United have completed the signing of goalkeeper Marco Silvestri and midfielder Tommaso Bianchi, owner Massimo Cellino confirmed today.

Silvestri has joined United on a four-year deal from Italian club Chievo, the second senior keeper to move to Leeds in the past seven days.

The Elland Road club made Stuart Taylor their first signing of the summer last week, taking him on a free transfer from Reading, and confirmation of Silvestri’s arrival looks set to spell the end of Paddy Kenny’s time at Leeds.

Kenny, whose contract expires next summer, has been left behind at Thorp Arch while United’s squad complete a pre-season tour of Italy and he is likely to move on before the Championship season begins on August 9.

Silvestri and Taylor are both training in Italy and should feature in Thursday’s friendly against amateur side FC Gherdeina.

Silvestri, 23, has been out of favour at Chievo and finished last season on loan at Cagliari, the Italian club which Cellino owned until last month.

Bianchi, meanwhile, has agreed a three-year deal with Leeds, with the option of a further 12 months. He could also figure against Gherdeina.

The central midfielder, 25, is a former Italian Under-21 international who has been at Sassuolo since 2011 and spent time on loan at Modena last term.

Cellino said: “It is done and they are signed. We have other players coming.”

UNITED TO ENTERTAIN SPL SIDE

Dundee United to visit Elland Road...
Published 09 July 2014 at 02:00
Elland Road Stadium

The club can now confirm that Dundee United will visit Elland Road on Saturday August 2 and will complete United’s pre-season schedule.

The Scottish Premier League side, who finished fourth last season, will provide stiff opposition to David Hockaday’s men before the season begins at Millwall the following Saturday.

The Scottish side, led by Jackie McNamara made it all the way to the Scottish Cup final last season but were defeated 2-0 by St Johnstone at Celtic Park.

Dundee United’s honours include one league title and two Scottish cup victories with the most recent being in 2010.

Match Details
Leeds United vs Dundee United
Saturday August 2, 3pm Kick Off.

Ticket prices:
£5 season ticket holders
£10 non season ticket holders

Stands open:
North Stand and East Stand Lower.
Additional stands will be open subject to demand.

Onsale dates:
Tickets go on sale to both Season Ticket Holders and Members on Friday 11 July
Season Ticket Holders seats in the open stands will be reserved until close of business on Wednesday 16 July.
General sale commences Thursday 17 July.

For further details please call the Ticket Office on 0871 334 1992.

Announced in the YEP:-

Leeds United have completed the signing of goalkeeper Marco Silvestri and midfielder Tommaso Bianchi, owner Massimo Cellino confirmed today.

Silvestri has joined United on a four-year deal from Italian club Chievo, the second senior keeper to move to Leeds in the past seven days.

The Elland Road club made Stuart Taylor their first signing of the summer last week, taking him on a free transfer from Reading, and confirmation of Silvestri’s arrival looks set to spell the end of Paddy Kenny’s time at Leeds.

Kenny, whose contract expires next summer, has been left behind at Thorp Arch while United’s squad complete a pre-season tour of Italy and he is likely to move on before the Championship season begins on August 9.

Silvestri and Taylor are both training in Italy and should feature in Thursday’s friendly against amateur side FC Gherdeina.

Silvestri, 23, has been out of favour at Chievo and finished last season on loan at Cagliari, the Italian club which Cellino owned until last month.

Bianchi, meanwhile, has agreed a three-year deal with Leeds, with the option of a further 12 months. He could also figure against Gherdeina.

The central midfielder, 25, is a former Italian Under-21 international who has been at Sassuolo since 2011 and spent time on loan at Modena last term.

Cellino said: “It is done and they are signed. We have other players coming.”

These seem like the type of signings an ex Forest Green Manager would make.