Equine Eggstravaganza

igor

Very Well Red (4.40) has strong claims again today. It does carry a 6lb penalty for last weeks win, but has been dropped back a grade. Currently 10/3.

Lichtie, I really like the look of Sloop Johnb and fancy it to get the hat trick here. Going for singles and double on it and VWR.

Edited by cityfan

How likely is VWR to do the business? Been talked up a lot on here, quite tempted to lump on here...

It has a decent chance as it has a lot in it's favour as mentioned before (C&D winner, step back in class, 5 previous wins over this distance on the AW). There is obviously the 6lbs penalty to consider, but the 2 most likely dangers Hi Spec and Kielty's Folly also have the same penalty for their wins last week(which were both in a lower class than VWR's win incidentally), so I'm struggling to find reason's not to back it. Like DJP, I've gone big on it today.

But, DJP and myself have backed this horse a lot in the past, even at times it's not had a chance in hell, so we could be considered biased :lol:

Has a decent chance, certainly not a sure fire thing, if it was I would be putting my life savings on it. Same as betting on football, unless you know a club pretty well you are not going to back serious amounts of money on it.

It has a decent chance as it has a lot in it's favour as mentioned before (C&D winner, step back in class, 5 previous wins over this distance on the AW). There is obviously the 6lbs penalty to consider, but the 2 most likely dangers Hi Spec and Kielty's Folly also have the same penalty for their wins last week(which were both in a lower class than VWR's win incidentally), so I'm struggling to find reason's not to back it. Like DJP, I've gone big on it today.

But, DJP and myself have backed this horse a lot in the past, even at times it's not had a chance in hell, so we could be considered biased :lol:

Pretty much what city fan said.

They still talk up Tuxedo more then any other of the horses they train though. But when given 3 ages ago, they were Essej (pronounced Easy J, commentator calls it something weird on ATR), Very Well Red and Tuxedo. So always tend to follow and try and find out bits and bobs (more through my old man). Also hear a few whispers from a few other local stables. Purely that though, whispers, nothing concrete.

Not meaning to have a go at you, but just wondering your motivation is for doing the Lucky 15s so often? The bookies love those sort of bets, along with Union Jacks, Placepots, Accumulators, Yankees and so on. In my time at working at Ladbrokes actually, I only ever remember paying out very heavily on one of those once. 1800 quid back on a 1.50 Lucky 15. I'm sure you'd save a few bob limiting them! If you enjoy doing them of course for a bit of interest thats perfectly reasonable, maybe I see it like that because those sort of bets have never appealed to me.

Would never touch a union jack.

My preferred bets are Lucky 15's and Patents. More due to the fact I gamble almost every day and tend to look for e/w Value, so would rather reduce my risk in doing it in a e/w lucky 15 then 4 singles. Also my av lucky 15 is 40p or 50p e/w (so 12 or 15 pounds) or win only 1pound (15 pound stake). My average single on a horse is usually 10-20 pounds, occassionly 5 occassionaly bigger, depending if on tv, if i can view, what I have heard. If at an event then of course just singles and 20pound usually minimum bet. So finally getting to the point...If i was to do 4 e/w singles and they all lost, that would leave me big time out of pocket. A few times I have won big (between 500-800) on lucky 15s and it is just a bet I enjoy doing. I am sure the bookie wins over all. I usually cover my lucky 15's with a small accumulator bet as well, just to get max odds.

Probably not very clear and a bit hurried as at work, so no pound sign on keyboard. But just prefer the bet, comes down to greed and wanting to win big, and for a smaller stake and always the chance of a better return with e/w doubles, trebles etc...

Edited by DJP

Any opinions on Nicky Henderson's three at Doncaster today? 12.50: semi colon , 13.55: Brunston , 16.10: Cavite Beta

Brunston should win his race. Currently trading about EVENS

Semi Colon and Cavitr Beta also have chances, but some big dangers are floating in there races!

But I think any horse Henderson sends to tge racecourse has a chance. I'm a big Fan of his

read yesterday tho that the 2 horses he sent got put to tge wrong course.......which was amusing

MOSTLY BOB, DONCASTER, 2.30

Phillip Hobbs trained that is having his 3rd outing over fences. Fell on debut but was a impressive 2nd last time. Only a matter of time before he wins over the fences.

Winner!

2 parts of my treble up!

Won convincingly.

Excellent tipping as usual Lichtie. Snoop Johnb was the only one I backed, I hope I've not jinxed it for you.

Either do I mate.

SloopJohnB is the best horse in the race but I always find 5 furlong affairs tricky. A bad start could leave ya 5 lengths plus behind and in such a short race that's always hard to bring back.

He is currently 6/5