Equine Eggstravaganza

igor

KINGSCROFT, LINGFIELD, 3.40

4 runner 7 furlong handicap which won't take much winning. Yard is in form and horse has decent Polyteack form.

I wish you the best of luck with this, because I don't deny that I am biased towards the Johnston yard. In fact I read Marks blog on a regular basis and find it a really good read.

But the more I look at this race the more I like Bunce. Won a handicap off 79 against some decent types (the second went on to win a listed).

I know I'm relying on a number of factors, (improvement from 2 to 3 years, taking to the surface etc), but I think this horse could be reasonably well treated off 83.

Kingscroft started the year on a mark of 68 and has obviously improved to 81, but a 6lb rise for his last win I think could just be a step to far.

Also only a 3 runner race now.

Anyway, like I said the best of luck. I won't have a penny on today, so I hope I'm wrong and you win.

Pretty sure the flat season starts tomorrow mate.  Well at least the first flat meeting on the turf is tomorrow at Catterick Bridge, then Musselburghs first flat meeting is on friday.....

Off wrok ill today and feel like shit, but may have another go today.  Will also have a look at your selections as well.  Fingers crossed!

I wish you the best of luck with this, because I don't deny that I am biased towards the Johnston yard. In fact I read Marks blog on a regular basis and find it a really good read.

But the more I look at this race the more I like Bunce. Won a handicap off 79 against some decent types (the second went on to win a listed).

I know I'm relying on a number of factors, (improvement from 2 to 3 years, taking to the surface etc), but I think this horse could be reasonably well treated off 83.

Kingscroft started the year on a mark of 68 and has obviously improved to 81, but a 6lb rise for his last win I think could just be a step to far.

Also only a 3 runner race now.

Anyway, like I said the best of luck. I won't have a penny on today, so I hope I'm wrong and you win.

Has Bunce ran on the fibresand before? I believe it takes a few runs on tge sand for a horse to get use to it

Pretty sure the flat season starts tomorrow mate.  Well at least the first flat meeting on the turf is tomorrow at Catterick Bridge, then Musselburghs first flat meeting is on friday.....

Off wrok ill today and feel like shit, but may have another go today.  Will also have a look at your selections as well.  Fingers crossed!

Cheers fella. Hope ya feel better soon!

Has Bunce ran on the fibresand before? I believe it takes a few runs on tge sand for a horse to get use to it

Not competitively it hasn't, and I take your point about horses getting used to the surface, although more so on the fibresand at Southwell than the polytrack courses I would say.

Hannon does however have a 7f polytrack gallops and a 1mile AW gallops similar to polytrack, so I would think the horse will have worked on the sand prior to being entered into the race.

Not competitively it hasn't, and I take your point about horses getting used to the surface, although more so on the fibresand at Southwell than the polytrack courses I would say.

Hannon does however have a 7f polytrack gallops and a 1mile AW gallops similar to polytrack, so I would think the horse will have worked on the sand prior to being entered into the race.

Aye that's a good point well made.

Hannon is 1 of my favourite flat trainers. His partnership with Dickie Hughes has been very profitable for me in the past

CLEAR ICE, SOUTHWELL, 3.30

dropping back down too 5 furlongs after finishing 3rd in a 6 furlong seller at Wolves last time out. Only been out the top 2 once in 9 starts on the fibresand. Jockey is claiming 3 pound aswell

currently 6/1 which is alot better that I expected

2nd..... Another top 2 finish on the sand!

Started well and led with 1 1/2 furlongs to go. Kept on well but outpaced in tge end

I was rooting for you. The good thing about the way that horse runs is that you'll always get a run for your money. Unfortunately it can also set the race up for others, as was the case today.

Looks like you have a 2 horse race at Lingfield now.

KINGSCROFT, LINGFIELD, 3.40

4 runner 7 furlong handicap which won't take much winning. Yard is in form and horse has decent Polyteack form.

Winner......but only just hahahaha

was not confident at all at about 3 out. Looked to be niggles at very early but great drive and finish from Greg Fairley too get the job done.

Winner......but only just hahahaha

was not confident at all at about 3 out. Looked to be niggles at very early but great drive and finish from Greg Fairley too get the job done.

So what does the handicapper do now?

Does he take the view that Bunce ran up to his mark and move Kingscroft to 84 or does he view that Kingscroft ran to his mark and drop Bunce to 80?

If its the latter, I'd be interested in both horses next time out.

2.00 Thoughtsofstardom @ 10/1 (e/w)

Placed at 16/1. Would've been in winning contention if racing over it's favored 5f. Look out for it next's run if over 5f.

Anyone having a punt on the Winning Flat Jockey this year? I've backed Fallon at 7/2 and Hughes at 7/1.

Start of the flat today and usually this is where I do better. There are two runners today that never fail to do me a turn - ROYAL DIGNITARY & CHOOKIE HAMILTON

Both run at Catterick:

3.20 - CHOOKIE HAMILTON - 12/1

Goes back to the flat after trying it's hand over the jumps, where it never really happened. Switch back to flat will do it good and has won plenty of times over this distance in the past. Should also be fresh and ready.

3.50 - ROYAL DIGNITARY - 5/1

Won 4 from 9 last flat season and 4 from 6 in class 6 events similair to todays. Will run in better class races over the coming season and has a good chance of winning this one if living up to last seasons form.

Edited by Kayster