Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

Any views?

Seems perfectly reasonable to me - especially with the baby monitors .

Things are certainly different these days , I collected Ned Jnr from Nursery earlier as you would expect but I'll also collect my seven year old daughter from school later ... a journey I made on my own when I was five !

And when our kids are in bed the doors are locked , it's something we started doing after that little girl was snatched from her bath last year !

Don't you worry about there being a fire? :blink:

The key's are still in the locks ... our doors don't have any windows that someone could smash and then use the keys

You've hit on a subject close to my heart though , I sometimes leave for work just after 5am and need to remove the key from the inside before I can lock the door from the outside ... If I can't find a second key I'd never take the 'original' one thinking Mrs Ned could just use the back door , I post they key back through (Does that make sense :unsure: )

The key's are still in the locks ... our doors don't have any windows that someone could smash and then use the keys

You've hit on a subject close to my heart though , I sometimes leave for work just after 5am and need to remove the key from the inside before I can lock the door from the outside ... If I can't find a second key I'd never take the 'original' one thinking Mrs Ned could just use the back door , I post they key back through (Does that make sense :unsure: )

Kinda :P

Doesn't leaving the keys in the lock, make the lock redundant though :blink: (In the sense that the local paedophile only has to turn the key to steal your children)

Edited by AndyBud

Kinda :P

Doesn't leaving the keys in the lock, make the lock redundant though :blink: (In the sense that the local paedophile only has to turn the key to steal your children)

He doesn't leave the key in the door on the outside!

f**k's sake!

This case has made me & my wife think. We have a 7 year old boy and a 2 year old girl. I can remember us staying up in Lochgoilhead when he was 2 with some friends. We rented 2 chalets with 2 families in each with the kids. They were next to each other. In evenings, after the kids had gone to bed, the adults would all sit in one of the chalets and leave their kids asleep in the other. We'd have the children radio listening devices on and someone would go back to check on them every 20 mins - and anytime we heard any noise on the radios.

Now that was 8 adults - and we all thought that what we were doing was perfectly safe. Looking at the Madeleine McCann story.... maybe not.

Any views?

I'm interested in where folk draw the line as there seem to be alot of differing views (I'm not saying anyone of them is wrong - each to their own).

The above seems 'sensible' (haha) enough to me, especially with the baby monitor and the fact that one of the kids is older. I felt less comfortable reading Div's comment yesterday about leaving his 3 year old and nipping into his neighbours for a shandy (and taking the listening device), and while I can't exactly see something wrong with it, it's not something I would feel comfortable doing myself.

Me and my younger sister also stayed in the room by ourselves on holiday while m&d nipped down to the bar, but we were probably about 10 & 8 by then - old enough to shout for help if anything happened, and to know where to find them if an emergency arose.

I feel more uncomfortable about the Maddy case as I feel the kids were too young to be left on their own - yes the parents were only 60 yds away and were checking every 20 minutes - but to a small child who wakes up after a bad dream in a strange room 20 minutes can be a very long and upsetting time.

And yes - before anyone asks - I have been on holiday with a 3 year old - and toted a sleeping tot around in the buggy when we went out to eat - just like I believe someone mentioned earlier.

I saw another shocking example of bad parenting this morning... shameful stuff.

:angry:

It is! Before you know it, they'll be using there kids to help with crimes like this!

edit cos I'm a drongo

picture.bmp

Edited by skinnyjean

Guest Captain St. Sensible
I felt less comfortable reading Div's comment yesterday about leaving his 3 year old and nipping into his neighbours for a shandy (and taking the listening device), and while I can't exactly see something wrong with it, it's not something I would feel comfortable doing myself.

We actually did sat in the neighbours back garden for a couple of drinks one night while our kid was in bed, a bit like Div.

I actually lived on the same street as Div - and the houses are very close to each other. It makes you feel safe. WE also only had a small step over fence at the time - it didn't really seem any different from sitting in our own back garden.

The one thing I hope is that the kid has been snatched by a woman who wants her own kid - or something like that - and is looking after her. I think its unlikely however.........

We have actually have a 3 year old girl as well..... and her name is Madeleine..... This whole thing really makes you sick.

We actually did sat in the neighbours back garden for a couple of drinks one night while our kid was in bed, a bit like Div.

I actually lived on the same street as Div - and the houses are very close to each other. It makes you feel safe. WE also only had a small step over fence at the time - it didn't really seem any different from sitting in our own back garden.

I don't have a problem with that Captain. The bit that Div said that sort of un-nerved me was that it was a 'neighbour across the road' and that they were actually inside the house. I don't actually think he's doing anything wrong - just that I wouldn't be comfortable with it myself.

P.S. - Div no longer lives there :P (although by all accounts it's possibly quieter where he is now)

My first reaction was that there is no way I'd leave my kids on their own to be honest. Having said that, I don't think anyone can blame the parents for this. It's a disgustingly depressing situation :(

Agree with that 100%

That poor mother is broken, the T.V footage of her going to the vigial yesterday was heartbreaking.

I don't think they will see their little girl again now. :(

Guest Captain St. Sensible
P.S. - Div no longer lives there :P (although by all accounts it's possibly quieter where he is now)

His new place is kinda similar - houses close together - just bigger and more expensive. :o

His new place is kinda similar - houses close together - just bigger and more expensive. :o

So THAT's what he's done with all our P&B Donations!