Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

The only evidence they appear to have against the McCanns is partial DNA evidence - which to me entails a scenario which seems totally unbelieveable - that they managed to hide a body for 25 days and then move it again in the full glare of the media and the under the noses of the Police. The very fact that the Police can't find a body either makes that scenario even more unlikely - or they are the most incompetent Police forfce in the world!

I was thinking the same - the scenario doesn't make sense at all. That said, neither does the scenario of a random kidnapper deciding to have a wee deek into the holiday apartment "just in case".

Did the media coverage not slow down for a while about 2-3 weeks after she went missing?

It wasn't in the news every day, then reared up again when Murat was suspected, then was scaled down again whilst Gerry did his touring. :rolleyes:

He used the Pope as a decoy.

I find it strange that abductors would've taken away Madelaine's favourite toy and put it in an place unaccesible to a four year old just for her mother to find.

I'm sure Lt. Columbo would've recognized this clue.

Just one more thing..........................

post-1708-1189775602.jpg

Edited by btb

Did the media coverage not slow down for a while about 2-3 weeks after she went missing?

It wasn't in the news every day, then reared up again when Murat was suspected, then was scaled down again whilst Gerry did his touring. :rolleyes:

Surely the keystone cops wouldn't stop watching them though?

"Where are they going?"

"Oh, they're just taking an old rolled up carpet down to the sea for dumping, they'll be back in a bit."

Because you know them so well?

Or because you believe everything you read in the papers?

Okay from now on nobody can put forward their personal opinion on anything :rolleyes: sorry I was on the assumption that was an forum where we are allowed to voice a difference of opinions (Not as if I'm in the minority either anymore as most people have jumped on the bandwagon)

Also I seem to remember you were commenting on the case without knowing any of the new facts a few days ago :rolleyes:

Also it's blatanty obvious they are hiding something Sam, what that is I have no idea but you are naive in the exteme at times if you think they simply couldn't have done it.

One final thing, where and how did you form the opinion that they are innocent?

Guest Captain Saintsible
Also it's blatanty obvious they are hiding something Sam, what that is I have no idea but you are naive in the exteme at times if you think they simply couldn't have done it.

They are no doubt trying to hide their child neglect and the fact that their bad parenting allowed this to happen. They may well have been sedating the kids as well - Kate McCann may well have a temper - Gerry McCann may well be portrayed as a guy who swanned about while his wife looked after the kids, etc, etc. They have 2 other children and I'm sure they don't want to lose them.

That doesn't mean they are guilty though.

One final thing, where and how did you form the opinion that they are innocent?

I think they are innocent because it simply beggars belief that they could have hidden a body without leaving a trail of evidence and because the Police can't find a body!

If the McCanns really did do all this - in a foreign country within a limited amount of time, with the media following them and use a worldwide media campaign as their cover story - while looking after a couple of very young children - then its the most amazing crime ever to have happened IMO.

It did slow down a bit, but they were still in the news every day.

Also, regardless of whether they were in the papers, I still think that someone would've noticed something if the two parents who'd just had their child "abducted" were spotted dumping a corpse into the sea.

Suppose they could've maybe got away with it by saying that it was actually someone else's corpse, right enough.

Actually, someone at my work said that it was in the paper that the dogs "smelt a corpse trail" from their apartment to the beach. I mean, fucking hell, Lassie has nothing on these Portuguese sniffer dogs, does she?

"What's that, Pedro? Kate and Gerry did it and dumped her in the sea?!"

"Woof! Woof!"

"Oh, right, you were actually saying that Li'l Jimmy's trapped down the ol' mineshaft?"

"Woof!"

"Heck, we'll be right there!"

Also, regardless of whether they were in the papers, I still think that someone would've noticed something if the two parents who'd just had their child "abducted" were spotted dumping a corpse into the sea.

Suppose they could've maybe got away with it by saying that it was actually someone else's corpse, right enough.

Actually, someone at my work said that it was in the paper that the dogs "smelt a corpse trail" from their apartment to the beach. I mean, fucking hell, Lassie has nothing on these Portuguese sniffer dogs, does she?

"Woof! Woof!"

"Oh, right, you were actually saying that Li'l Jimmy's trapped down the ol' mineshaft?"

"Woof!"

You're confusing the dug with Skippy!

You're confusing the dug with Skippy!

Intentionally, though. Lassie and Skippy have many similarities. In fact, I've always thought that Skippy was just Lassie on a pogo stick, wearing a false beard.

Intentionally, though. Lassie and Skippy have many similarities. In fact, I've always thought that Skippy was just Lassie on a pogo stick, wearing a false beard.

To be honest, Skippy, Lassie, Flipper and Gentle Ben were all just variations on a theme. My money would be on Flipper solving this case first though.

Lassie has nothing on these Portuguese sniffer dogs, does she?

British sniffer dogs ;)

I think the assumption is that the body was disposed of while the McCann's were doing their tour of Europe. This obviously would mean other members of their group, who were there in Praia da Luz while the McCann's visited the Vatican, would fall under suspicion as well.

To do all of this they would have needed someone with local knowledge to assist them, Murat possibly.

But it is true to say that when their tour was underway the spotlight was most definitely on them not on their friends/relatives back in Portugal.

Perhaps even it's not too much of a leap to make to suggest that the McCann's haven't been told where the body was disposed of in case they were asked to take a lie detector.

In any event it's very strange that in a police interview they would both stonewall a lot of questions or the equivalent of "pleading the 5th" as the Americans call it, which is normally done so as not to incriminate themselves.

To be honest, Skippy, Lassie, Flipper and Gentle Ben were all just variations on a theme. My money would be on Flipper solving this case first though.

See, I'd have Flipper at the bottom of the list, as whilst arguably being the most intelligent of the quartet, is greatly hampered by being unable to function on land.

I'd give Skippy the nod. I'm not sure how much it would cost the McCanns to hire the latest kangaroo to inherit his skills, but it would be a valuable use of their fund.

You've got to hand it to Kate and Gerry, really, this has been a first rate windup.

In years to come, they'll sit around a table with the Portuguese police and have a wee chuckle over how they managed to pull the wool over everyone's eyes. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jeremy Beadle turn up at some stage.

Guest Ron Burgundy

"Woof! Woof!"

"Woof!"

these dogs can smell traces of a corpse 10 years later...what would be the point in a sniffer dog that cannot find a trail...it;'s a british dog if that helps ease you concerns.

these dogs can smell traces of a corpse 10 years later...what would be the point in a sniffer dog that cannot find a trail...it;'s a british dog if that helps ease you concerns.

Chill the beans, Ronnie old chap, I wasn't actually being entirely serious.

Granted, it wasn't actually very funny, but what I was getting at was how they can tell that the dog's smelling a corpse in particular as opposed to something totally different, like Pedigree chum for instance.

It does make me glad that they were British dogs, though. Bloody foreign dogs don't even know what a corpse smells like, etc.

See, I'd have Flipper at the bottom of the list, as whilst arguably being the most intelligent of the quartet, is greatly hampered by being unable to function on land.

I'd give Skippy the nod. I'm not sure how much it would cost the McCanns to hire the latest kangaroo to inherit his skills, but it would be a valuable use of their fund.

Good point.

My thinking was that if Maddy, as claimed by the excellent and critically acclaimed Daily Mail, is indeed in a literal Octopuses Garden, then flipper would be first to smell her, or see her, whichever one dolphins are good at.