Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

I have sympathy with the Macanns to some extent but they don't take as much responsibility for the f**k up as they should - essentially they abandoned them to get pished with friends yet they seem to act the victim more than taking responsibility. I saw a documentary on youtube done by the portugese cop who thought they had disposed of her body - was a pretty haunting watch but i will give the Macanns the benefit of the doubt on that one

It would be awesome if they went on crime watch and duped the macanns on to the show then said "We have the pictures of those responsible for the disappearance" then the macanns picture came up on the screen and police came in and cuffed them up then the detective tore them apart via powerpoint presentation in a scooby too/ jonathan creek fashion and they were ushered off to jail never to be seen again

I have sympathy with the Macanns to some extent but they don't take as much responsibility for the f**k up as they should - essentially they abandoned them to get pished with friends yet they seem to act the victim more than taking responsibility. I saw a documentary on youtube done by the portugese cop who thought they had disposed of her body - was a pretty haunting watch but i will give the Macanns the benefit of the doubt on that one

you have a point, can you imagine the outcry if they had been an unemployed couple from a housing estate. I do have a lot of sympathy as anyone should but they aren't a particularly likeable couple.

you have a point, can you imagine the outcry if they had been an unemployed couple from a housing estate. I do have a lot of sympathy as anyone should but they aren't a particularly likeable couple.

I don't like putting the boot in completely because gun to head i think most parents have left their kids alone at one point when they probably shouldn't have

There are some funny things about the case - they asked to see a priest who was apparently deeply disturbed about what they had told him, plus the police mans reports on their suspicious activities on the night is enough for some people to accuse them of murder. I can't believe for one second that a couple could be capable of killing and disposing of one of their children then going out for drinks like nothing happened - its just not possible unless they are a pair of sadists which i don't think they are.

Rubbish. Last night we watched TV in our living room while our 3 month old slept in his cot in our bedroom. Someone could have broken in.

Should my wife and I be charged with child neglect?

Big difference is you would have been there to hear anyone breaking in.You would have heard it on your monitor too.

Would you ever contemplate leaving you baby and nipping round the corner for a night out with your mates. Answer. No

Rubbish. Last night we watched TV in our living room while our 3 month old slept in his cot in our bedroom. Someone could have broken in.

Not really the same thing tbh.

Hardly the same thing - would you and your wife both go out to a pub a couple hundred yards away and get pished with your 3 month old asleep alone? In a foreign country no less?

No, we wouldn't. They weren't a couple of hundred yards away though. Why exaggerate? And how do you know they were pished?

Pretty sure it was about 200 yards? The exact distance hardly matters - the important thing was they weren't in the apartment with the kids and thats how someone got in and pinched her. They were having drinks - thats the reason they weren't in their apartment with their children

We've stopped using a monitor. We live in a bungalow and can hear him with the bedroom door ajar. But anything could happen.

You are in your own home also - you and your kids are familiar with the building and the surroundings which wasn't the case with the Macanns.

What if they had been on a front balcony and someone took her out of a back window? Or a few yards further away on a friend's balcony? I honestly think the McCanns are treated pretty harshly in all this.

The likely thing was that someone was watching every move in the place and picked their exact moment - criminals want an easy job as does everyone else. They wouldn't have gone for it if they were there , no way

No, we wouldn't. They weren't a couple of hundred yards away though. Why exaggerate? And how do you know they were pished?

I know it is a shit map but they weren't exactly in the next room.

I would never have dreamt of leaving my kids alone to go to the pub nearby where I'd been brought up and knew everyone, far less in a foreign country.

madeleinekeyplaces.jpg

Edited by eindhovendee

What if they had been on a front balcony and someone took her out of a back window? Or a few yards further away on a friend's balcony? I honestly think the McCanns are treated pretty harshly in all this.

Are you Gerry McCann?

I assume crime watch will be giving 25 minutes to every other missing child? Something just not right about the whole thing.. We will be having this every couple of years until the truth about what happened finally comes out.

Edited by Romeo

can you imagine the outcry if they had been an unemployed couple from a housing estate.

I've heard this argument many times. I just don't see the relevance.

The point Co.Down Hibee is making is that the McCanns have been getting sympathy when any other British couple that had done the same (gone out to get pished leaving their three infants to the mercy of fire or burglars) would have been facing charges upon their return. But since they're both high earning medical professionals & Gerry was a county fundraiser for the Labour Party, that same media which normally would have crucified such a pair of wastrels instead has turned them into suffering martyrs.

It's the double standard that grates.